SKperformance

halo's  

23 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think ?

• Yes , I like them on the LS
    • No , I don't like the Halo's on the LS
    • I am not sure unless i see it in person or better pics atleast
    • I feel they only belong on BMW's not a Lexus
    • I feel they only belong on BMW's but they don't look half bad.

I know of one other person buying them from AAC but never seen anyone with them installed on a LS400.

So here are some pics i am stealing from another site from this weekends meet . I didn't want to take any as it is difficult to get the lighting right and these pics show that .

Took a bit to heat them up and open them but i had to fix one of the headlights inside as a bracket broke 3 years ago at LEX fest Atlanta . So know my headlights are straight and aimed again with some nice CATZ 6500k d2r's (very rare).

I may open them again and colour match the insides if i have to paint anything again . I have my headlights clear bra'd and after i took them apart you could not tell which was brand new from Toyota and which was the old one from 98 as i got a new headlight a few months ago and it was dirty inside . Now the car looks like it is only a few years old as the clean lenses make it look so new.

Oh well enjoy as it can be done.Oh yah Those are RX 350 18" wheels and they do not fit without a 15 mm spacer on a 95 and up.

TNMeetMarch09009.jpg

TNMeetMarch09013.jpg

TNMeetMarch09014.jpg

2582_65783100705_506180705_2101769_2115836_n.jpg

2582_65783115705_506180705_2101772_146326_n.jpg

2582_65783120705_506180705_2101773_3073363_n.jpg

2582_65783125705_506180705_2101774_4386307_n.jpg

The final one is just the headlights in a dark shot.

2582_65783130705_506180705_2101775_434585_n.jpg

one more thing SK, has there been a big sacrifice in turning radius of your lexus with the bigger rims? and what tires do you have on those rims?? i would love to do that setup, but i love my turn radius on my LS. i giggle everytime i see a Lincoln or Caddy pull in a parking spot and have to back out and readjust!!! :D

I just whoop mine right in there!

Mark....

Do the headlights on a 95 resemble those headlights at all??? :lol:

A man can dream can he NOT?? I was just wondering if the same setup was available for our 2nd gens is all....cause they should be.... :( (Marvin !Removed! music abruptly stops)

better question, how much would one pay if they were available for all Gen LS's!!

.....SKPs is a 2nd gen.. a 2.5gen let's say.

The fluting in the headlights of the 95-97 would make it pointless to put halos in.

If you want some kind of custom headlights for your 95. ...

Go to Club Lexus and talk to Lexkost.

He retrofitted some Jetto MkIV headlights onto his car and got a clear housing. Looks really nice.

.....SKPs is a 2nd gen.. a 2.5gen let's say.

The fluting in the headlights of the 95-97 would make it pointless to put halos in.

If you want some kind of custom headlights for your 95. ...

Go to Club Lexus and talk to Lexkost.

He retrofitted some Jetto MkIV headlights onto his car and got a clear housing. Looks really nice.

..guess you got a point <_< ill check it out....i would really like some fog lights too eventually...

your car looks really awesome SK!! certainly is a stand-out! ;)

Maaaark!

You DO have foglights! :D

....im talking about the ones that fit in the front skirt silly!!... :rolleyes: they are trapezoid-ish in shape?? i've seen em on a silver one like mine the otherday...couldnt tell if they were aftermarket or factory, they just looked brand new.

my 95 LS is the very base model you can get - which i dont have to mess with the air-adjust shocks and im glad for that....

:) here is a pic of my ride, and you can tell me if there is "fog" lights anywhere on there!! :huh:

post-78519-1238616905_thumb.jpg

dude....

You know the switch on your light stalk for fog lights? When you switch it on it gets brighter.. cause morel lights come on.... the FOG lights :)

the ones you saw was probably a euro spec. LS

DSCF0212CL.jpg

DSCF0201CL.jpg

thanks for the illustration on that J. I prolly had you pulling your hair out!! i guess i just think of fog lights being lowest to the ground for the least reflectivity. but i feel better now knowing i have "fog" lights!! :lol:

They are aimed in the perfect spot.

I Have Silverstar ULTRA headlights and NOKYA Hyper Yellow 2500k fogs so you can see the transition from vivid yellow to pure white. It's sweet B)

Ok here are some proper pics of each stage with the headlights and Halo's .

Had the first 2 rain falls and not a drop of water got inside so they are sealed perfect.

parking lights

LS_halo_s_1_park_lights.sized.jpg

DRL's and parking

LS_halo_s.sized.jpg

HID fogs and parking

LS_halo_s_3_fogs.sized.jpg

HID fogs and low beam

LS_halo_s_4_low_fogs.sized.jpg

low and high beams

LS_halo_s_5_low_high.sized.jpg

My new favorite pic

LS_halo_s_6.sized.jpg

side shot

LS_halo_s_9.sized.jpg

The newest member of the fam. 03 GS430 now with Greddy front lip and HKS exhaust.

03_GS430_greddy_lip.sized.jpg

...great Pics SK!! is there any way to change the color of the Halos?? it looks great the way it is...like it was from the factory that way.

you have encouraged me to get some RX350 Rims now that you said the turn radius isnt affected much....and the spacers arent thick enough to affect the ride much.