How To Open Dash On 2000 Lexus Ls400?

ravig292

Geez, the instructions have been recently removed from carstereohelp.com.

All you have to do is pop out the wood console panel and center vents with appropriate trim removal tools. You will then see that the nav/HVAC/head unit is held in place by four 10 mm bolts -- two at the top and two at the bottom.

First pull the gear shift all the way back.

Be gentle but firm in prying out the wood panel/ashtray and the center vents. The center vents tend to fall apart but can be put back together -- keep track of the vent parts! The vent assembly is expensive if you lose a part.

You will have to unplug connectors for seat heater switches, VSC switches, ashtray from the console wood panel and the emergency flasher switch from the center vent assembly.

It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I've removed my HVAC/head unit a number of times and can do it in less than five minutes.

Oh .... lay a towel on the console to lay the nav/etc. unit on when you pull it out so you don't scratch the console vinyl or anything else.

Geez, the instructions have been recently removed from carstereohelp.com.

All you have to do is pop out the wood console panel and center vents with appropriate trim removal tools. You will then see that the nav/HVAC/head unit is held in place by four 10 mm bolts -- two at the top and two at the bottom.

First pull the gear shift all the way back.

Be gentle but firm in prying out the wood panel/ashtray and the center vents. The center vents tend to fall apart but can be put back together -- keep track of the vent parts! The vent assembly is expensive if you lose a part.

You will have to unplug connectors for seat heater switches, VSC switches, ashtray from the console wood panel and the emergency flasher switch from the center vent assembly.

It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I've removed my HVAC/head unit a number of times and can do it in less than five minutes.

Oh .... lay a towel on the console to lay the nav/etc. unit on when you pull it out so you don't scratch the console vinyl or anything else.

thanks for the da info. i got it open. your right about the vents my hinge broke but i am krazy gluing it now.