2002 Es300 High Idle

chriss

Just got my haynes manual now i can be more specific.

My 2002 ES300 started to idle high on first start. about 1200-1400 rpm. i had read that it may help if i spray throttle cleaner into the butterfly valve of the throttle body. after i did that the idle went up to 1800-2000 rpm at start up and then eventually slows back to the original high idle of 1200-1400. i have read that some people here have had good results cleaning the IAVC. i can not find any info about the IAVC in the haynes manual other than a brief mention and no info on where it is or how to remove it.

Chriss

i was searching for good info on the boards but couldn't find any real specific info/pics. can someone throw me a bone....PLEASE!!

many thanks,

Chriss

My 2002 ES300 started to idle high on first start. about 1200-1400 rpm. i had read that it may help if i spray throttle cleaner into the butterfly valve of the throttle body. after i did that the idle went up to 1800-2000 rpm at start up and then eventually slows back to the original high idle of 1200-1400. i have read that some people here have had good results cleaning the IAVC. i can not find any info about the IAVC in the haynes manual other than a brief mention and no info on where it is or how to remove it.

Chriss

Chriss

Any update on this ? I also seem to have 1200RPM idle... is my IAVC suspect ? 80,000 miles. .

did you try to clean outside of TB where cable drive the TBplate?

idle should be 700-800 rpm

No I haven't, should I ? what should I use ? degreaser and a rag ?

about 50 deg F outside, engine is cold, and RPM should be 800 ? thanks that was helpfull... i knew 1400 wasn't right... .

I have 351,000 miles and never opened IACV, when I clean TB, I spray lots TB cleaner in IACV hole.

Hope that helps.

Camlex, thanks, I will be trying that this weekend. I'll post results...

By the way, 351,000 miles ? can I ask what year and make that is ? just curious