Sc Steering-wheel Radio Remote-control

renman

I found this radio remote. I could not find anything by searching in the SC forum.

Can someone give me some info about this such as:

1. Is it OEM, dealer-item or aftermarket?

2. How and how hard is it to install?

3. I have the Pioneer system - is it compatible with it, is it plug in?

I have a 93 SC400. Thanks for the info.

post-27034-1238274064_thumb.jpg

That is a Lexus phone control module. It has nothing to do with the radio. See the little telephone icon between the "1" and the "2"?
I saw that, but wondered if the thing had features for both both radio (volume, channel change) and phone (volume, mute). Like you wrote - maybe the mute button merely silences the music when when the Lexus/optional phone system rings. Or it may simply mute only the phone. Then what do butons 1 and 3 do?

Maybe the other controls probably just control the phone volume, not the music. What's wierd is that it is advertised as radio control, with no mention of phone controls.

It is probably part of the phone sytem that could be bought either optionally or a dealer-item. Maybe someone will verify. Thanks. TR

Buttons 1, 2 & 3 were used for speed dialing stored phone numbers. Button 2 is dual function and works as a mute during a phone call. Dealer installed Lexus phone systems were available for most models from the 1990 model year through the 2003 model year and even in to 2004 for one or two Lexus models. If I counted correctly, there were at least seven different phone systems available in the U.S. during the 14-15 year period. Very different Lexus phone systems were options in other countries.

The advertisement you are looking at is incorrect. The remote has nothing to do with the radio with the exception that making or answering a phone call automatically muted the radio ... also automatically lowered the HVAC fan speed.

Attached is a photo of the phone remote on my 2000 LS400 -- looks familiar, doesn't it?

post-2157-1238279098_thumb.jpg

Buttons 1, 2 & 3 were used for speed dialing stored phone numbers. Button 2 is dual function and works as a mute during a phone call. Dealer installed Lexus phone systems were available for most models from the 1990 model year through the 2003 model year and even in to 2004 for one or two Lexus models. If I counted correctly, there were at least seven different phone systems available in the U.S. during the 14-15 year period. Very different Lexus phone systems were options in other countries.

The advertisement you are looking at is incorrect. The remote has nothing to do with the radio with the exception that making or answering a phone call automatically muted the radio ... also automatically lowered the HVAC fan speed.

Attached is a photo of the phone remote on my 2000 LS400 -- looks familiar, doesn't it?

Yes, your pic looks almost just like the one that I found. Wow, thanks for the download, Guru. You certainly helped me out. I will let the seller know that they are listing this thing incorrectly. Cheers. Tom