Repair Manuals Or Cd's?

Not sure if there is allready a post for this or not but I couldn't find one. I was wondering if anyone had access to a good Repeair manual for a 1994 SC400. I see several for sale on Ebay (hardcopy and CD) but don't really want to buy something that should be something you can find on the internet. I'm also not to sure it will contain good info- after all the hard copies are 2 manuals and pretty thick ones at that. I guess what I'm wondering is do any of you know of a site to be able to download (FTP probably) one of these repair manuals? I know some of the CD's are pretty good size (MB size that is) but there should be some good ones out there somewhere. Any ideas? ;)

I bought theCD from Ebay for $8.00 plus ^.00 shipping. The disk contained 1500 pages in .pdf format. It included the wiring diagrams. The disk was layed out with 6 charater file names so it was impossible to find anything. I spent most of the day combinig .pdf files into one big file. About all I learned from the cd is that eveything is too complicated for mere mortals. There was not much detail on how to remove things. They simply said remove such and such. Easier daid than done. I do not know if the printed books are in more detail.

I have a two CD, two floppy disk set from Mitchell Repair and it has tons of data for ALL Lexus cars from '90 to '02. The first CD that I bought was the same as the one that wilhunt bought ... a bunch of pdf files. The second CD was the Mitchell set and like an idiot I didn't realize that it covered my '99 LS so I bought another rip off CD (more pdf files). Anyway, if anyone's interested I'll happily burn the two CD's and copy the installation floppies for a VERY small fee (to recoup the $50 that I wasted on 2 CD's with pdf files). I could even make a couple of .ISO images that could be download from my server. Perhaps I can donate any extra money to this website!! I'm sure an administrator will be along shortly to condone or condemn!!

:)

P.S. The data CD has some sort of copywright protection but I'm sure that NERO could get around that.

K9crew,

Thanks for the info. I was thinking there might be some good ones and some that were pretty much useless and it sounds like you guys found a little of both. I am interested in what you have and I'm sure other members may be interested as well. What models and years do they cover? Is this something that can be downloaded or would you have to mail a CD? Thanks for all the help.

P.S.- I just installed some Tokico shocks this weekend and your pics helped. The stock ones were definately bad- I could compress them and 2 of them wouldn't even expand- the other 2 would but I could stop the travel with my finger. The car has over 100K miles so I imagine it was overdue. I didn't install new springs but I am definately interested in your before and after pics of the spring install when you get them.

sidewinder and chubyball,

Here are screen shots for all the Lexus models covered by the CD's. You can click on the year to see if your vehicle is listed. The software has to be installed and it comes with search capabilities. I don't know if the "real" manuals cover more information or not but here's the Table of Contents for my '95 SC400.

I didn't install new springs but I am definately interested in your before and after pics of the spring install when you get them.

sidewinder,

Here's a before (lower) and after (upper) picture. I'm not sure if the picture helps much though. The car had 58K miles on it when I installed the shocks/springs and NEW isolators. I felt that the original suspension was bottoming out and the OEM rear springs were almost the same height as the Eibach rear springs which made me think that the stock springs could have sagged. The new isolators could make a difference too.

Before and After