Transmission Problem

just bought 96 ES300. Tranny seemed hesitant to switch from 1st to 2nd so I flushed tranny and replaced filter. A week later am a red light and accelerate on green and nothing rpm are up and no movement. so turn off the car put it in park and turn it back on and it reset it self and was fine till later on in the day. Now i cant get it around the block with out pushing it back. Changed a few sensors on top of tranny one of them a speed sensor. Did nothing as assumed, have a friend that works on cars and he thinks its the shift solenoid. Does this sound right? If so where is this shift solenoid located? And should i replace anything else? plz somebody help asap I need my car back

First I would have not done the flush, maybe a exchange where the tranny pump does the fluid change. I hate to tell you, but the valve body assembly could be contaminated. Was there any metal debris in the pan when the fluid and filter was changed? I suppose a shift solenoid could be going bad. These usually control the valve body pistons plungers...If there is debris blocking or gouging the piston it may not move.

First I would have not done the flush, maybe a exchange where the tranny pump does the fluid change. I hate to tell you, but the valve body assembly could be contaminated. Was there any metal debris in the pan when the fluid and filter was changed? I suppose a shift solenoid could be going bad. These usually control the valve body pistons plungers...If there is debris blocking or gouging the piston it may not move.

There was not really any metal debris in the pan nor stuck to the magnets so i dunno and the filter was clogged a little with fiber junk but thats it. I dont know what I should do am not affraid of work i just don't wanna spend crazy money and really don't wanna drop a new tranny in but will if have to