Cd Changer Instructions

Sengr

Hello everyone! Do you have any illustrations on how to install a used CD changer. I am going to buy a CD changer for my 1996 LS400 for $100.00 I was told by a Lexus only mechanic that my car has the wire harness for the CD changer. But he won't touch it. If you guys can shed some light on how to install it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Your mechanic sounds like one smart guy!

Try to sweet talk your mechanic or a Lexus dealer into downloading the installation instructions from https://techinfo.toyota.com

If not, you could download the instructions by subscribing for $10 for 24 hours ... and you could download lots of other information at the same time.

I will be surprised if the wire harness for the CD changer is already in your car if it didn't come with a CD changer. I hope you got all the parts needed to mount the CD changer. If not, try sending a PM to forum member dcfish and ask if he has what you need.

I have great news. Found a mechanic to install the CD changer for $70.00. Was lucky to find the glove cover with the same wood trim. Actually even the junk yard mechanic did not know where it was; I found it in the back seat. The junk yard guy said I was lucky. Really glad how things turned out.

Total: $100 for CD changer + $70 labor + 40 magazine + 50 glove cover = $260. Hoo Hoo!

Here is another question for you all Lexus experts: does the Nacamichi radio works with my Lexus Premium Sound System radio which I assume is Pioneer brand? My radio has problem with the LCD display fading. Another $100 for the radio plus labor.

.... does the Nacamichi radio works with my Lexus Premium Sound System radio which I assume is Pioneer brand?

Don't know about the 96 LS but on the 98-00 LS400 the wiring harnesses are different and you can't use a Nak headunit with a Pioneer amp and vice versa.

BTW, can you get the connecting cable for the CD changer from the salvage company? (In case it is not already in your car.)