Repeaters In Side Mirrors

Ultralux ES350

I purchased a set of UK/Australia style side mirror covers for my 08 ES 350 UL. These need to be wired into the existing vehicle wiring. I am hoping that someone can tell me if the factory wiring harness inside the door panel already has a the plug for the repeaters. I ask this because I bought a 97 volvo 850 and put the repeaters on the fenders and when I pulled the emblem that covered the hole off, the wires were right inside. Do you think Lexus is this smart?

Do you have a picture of what those side mirrors look like - I'm curious now.

You can see them on ebay. Just search es 350 mirror the picture they show is an IS but they look just like your factory mirrors except they have a crystal clear LED repeater just above the crease line.

I suspect that installation will be something like described for the GS in this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=signal++mirror

From my experience, Toyota/Lexus does not make provisions in their wiring harnesses for options not available in a particular sales market.

Some European auto makers such as Volvo (I've owned 2 1/2 Volvos) did not go nearly as far as Toyota/Lexus has to customize wiring harnesses for specific markets.

When I installed European fender mounted side turn signals on my first LS400 in 1990, I found that there were no hidden connectors for the signals hidden in the body work. I had to run wires for the new turn signals forward to the wires for the turn signals at the front of the car.

I suspect that, like in the instructions for the GS, it would be easier to run the wires for the mirror turn signals to the back of your ES than to the front. I would not run the mirror turn signal wire outside the flexible door wire "tunnel" like EyeKutr did -- spend the extra time to do it right.

I suspect that installation will be something like described for the GS in this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=signal++mirror

From my experience, Toyota/Lexus does not make provisions in their wiring harnesses for options not available in a particular sales market.

Some European auto makers such as Volvo (I've owned 2 1/2 Volvos) did not go nearly as far as Toyota/Lexus has to customize wiring harnesses for specific markets.

When I installed European fender mounted side turn signals on my first LS400 in 1990, I found that there were no hidden connectors for the signals hidden in the body work. I had to run wires for the new turn signals forward to the wires for the turn signals at the front of the car.

I suspect that, like in the instructions for the GS, it would be easier to run the wires for the mirror turn signals to the back of your ES than to the front. I would not run the mirror turn signal wire outside the flexible door wire "tunnel" like EyeKutr did -- spend the extra time to do it right.

Thanks so much for the info. It is really appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a side note to this post. The mirror covers I ordered and received DO NOT PROPERLY FIT an 08 ES 350. The company is going to give a refund but what a disappointment. It isn't even a close fit. They are about 3/4 inch too tall to fit onto the mirror. Fair warning.