Dashboard Speakers

hi, i just bought an 93 es300. im a newbie to lexus. i know the basics stuff. well i blown the dashboard speakers. i bought some aftermarket ones. the problem is that they dont fit. from 1 through 10 how hard is to take the dashboard off or just loose it to have the sit the speakers. a friend of mine replace broken windshield for living. he is charging me 50 bucks to take my windshield off and put it back after i install the speakers. he told me that he is not responsable if the windshield crack when removing it. and i was thinking to take the dashboard off. another 2 questions. where is the OEM amp? are speakers on the front doors panels?

I second that... the dash speakers are worthless. You'll never find any true quality replacement dash speakers... anything of quality is always sold as separates: meaning a mid bass in the door and a tweeter. Just disconnect the dash speakers (plus they face the glass windshield... pointing speakers to a glass surface is never recommended).

BTW, the amp should be under the passenger front seat.

I second that... the dash speakers are worthless. You'll never find any true quality replacement dash speakers... anything of quality is always sold as separates: meaning a mid bass in the door and a tweeter. Just disconnect the dash speakers (plus they face the glass windshield... pointing speakers to a glass surface is never recommended).

BTW, the amp should be under the passenger front seat.

good info. ima go and returned those speakers then. they used to sound good til i blown them