30,000 Miles Maintenance

My 2007 RX350 rand about 30,000 miles and tried to take it to a dealership for maintenace. It cost more tha I expected and I am not sure whether all that need to be peroformed. What do I really need to do for 30,000 miles maintenace?

I want to find a way to save cost and do what's necessary to maintain my car in good condition.

My 2007 RX350 rand about 30,000 miles and tried to take it to a dealership for maintenace. It cost more tha I expected and I am not sure whether all that need to be peroformed. What do I really need to do for 30,000 miles maintenace?

I want to find a way to save cost and do what's necessary to maintain my car in good condition.

Speaking for myself, I would do what Lexus requires (at a Lexus dealer or elsewhere) and be comfortable that warranty items will not be denied...

Your RX came with a maintenance schedule in the owner's manual portfolio. Take that into the dealer and tell them you want that stuff done, and nothing more. Dealers commonly will create their own maintenance packages that have things you don't need, what you want to have done is what the manufacturer says to have done.

I just got my 2007 RX 350 30K miles service today from the dealership. It was $350. I think dealerships are really overpriced for the services that they do, but providing the free loner and the free car wash has the benefit of being so easy and convenient. After about an hour of dropping off my car, the service writer called me to inform me that I needed new front brake pads because I only had less than 20% left, my rotors machined, plus a 4-wheel tire alignment and windshield wipers. I was really surprised because I drive my cars really easy and have never needed new brakes until almost 50K miles. I advised him not to perform those additional services. I found a reputable independent shop that specializes in Lexus and Toyota vehicles. After picking up my RX350 from the dealership, I took it to the indy shop where he checked my brakes and alignment FOR FREE. He told me that I did not need new brakes that I had almost 50% left and my alignment is fine. So..... this whole experience has taught me to NOT go to the dealership for maintenance because they are overpriced and seem to not be honest with you. I would encourage you to find a reputable shop to get your future services. And I'm not sure about your warranty, but mine expires at 36K so I'm almost over it and a reputable shop will warranty their parts, just like the dealerships 12 month warranty. And I'm getting my windshield wipers at Kragen, since it only rains about 5 days a year where I live. Good luck!