Squeaky Brakes

Wes Z

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I depress the brake pedal while slowing down to come to a stop, I notice a very unpleasant squeaking sound. This happens at any speed, 5mph in parking lot or 45mph on a main road.

Any thoughts? Could it be that I need new brakes? Is it covered under warranty?

The car has 18,xxx miles and my driving style isn't exactly conservative ;)

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Wes

Hi Wes,

My brother’s name is Wes – you don’t hear that name very often.

Did you have the 15k service completed? They should have given you a reading on the brake pads – so you would have had some pre-warning. It is very possible you need a brake service (pads, rotors turned) - it is not a warranty item. I have heard that on rare occasion dealers cover the brake service under warranty – but it was when pads wore out closer to 10k miles.

Keep us posted. It is good to hear when the original pads wear out on different cars, under different driving styles.

Hi Wes,

My brother’s name is Wes – you don’t hear that name very often.

Did you have the 15k service completed? They should have given you a reading on the brake pads – so you would have had some pre-warning. It is very possible you need a brake service (pads, rotors turned) - it is not a warranty item. I have heard that on rare occasion dealers cover the brake service under warranty – but it was when pads wore out closer to 10k miles.

Keep us posted. It is good to hear when the original pads wear out on different cars, under different driving styles.

i had my 2007 inspected at 25,000 miles and the brakes were still over 70% of original thickness.

18,000 is way too early for new brakes.

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I depress the brake pedal while slowing down to come to a stop, I notice a very unpleasant squeaking sound. This happens at any speed, 5mph in parking lot or 45mph on a main road.

Any thoughts? Could it be that I need new brakes? Is it covered under warranty?

The car has 18,xxx miles and my driving style isn't exactly conservative ;)

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Wes

If you got 18K on a ES before you begain to have any brake problems and you dont drive

conservatively then you are doing great , Brakes happen to be one of the weak points on

the 07 ES not sure about the 08 or 09.