Photo Of Es300 Cd Player

trying to install a cd player in the wifes es300. supposedly it came out of the same generation es. would like some photos to see what i am looking at.

??? Please ask more specific q's :wacko::blink::unsure: :whistles:

I would like to see what the cd player looks likes mounted in the trunk, it came with the mounting hardware, but i just dont see how it is placed in the trunk. I hooked it up and it does work. i must be missing some piece still, it just doesnt look like it would sit in the left area of the trunk as it is.

I would like to see what the cd player looks likes mounted in the trunk, it came with the mounting hardware, but i just dont see how it is placed in the trunk. I hooked it up and it does work. i must be missing some piece still, it just doesnt look like it would sit in the left area of the trunk as it is.

I don't have pic's, The changer mounts behind the drivers side rear wheel well. Maybe if you post pic's of what you have it would help. Have you taken out the trunk liner to see if there is mounting hardware ?

Did the car originally come with a cd player?, If so then its pretty straightforward, find the slit cut in the trunk liner on the drivers side, under the carpet there should be two threded holes in the bed of the trunk, also on the side of the car there is a hole that the stud on the mounting hardware goes through. Mine did not come with a CD player, so I had to run the control and audio lines from the radio to the trunk..... used a harness from a junker, and ran the wires....works great...I could have gone with a newer aftermarket radio, but I wanted to keep the car as original as I can.... good luck

Capn

Looks like his wifeys got a 95.

My 92 ES300 the CD changer is in the trunk.

If you're decent with electronics maybe it should be moved to the glove box.....

My trunks a mess, but I'll try to get some pics of how it sits within the next couple of days...

Steve

OK, I found the location to mount it. The holes on the floor of the trunk were covered with tape. The wiring harness was all there. Plugged it in and it worked like it is suppose to at the head unit. The big difference is the carpet isnt cutaway for the cd changer. And the cd changer doesnt have the rug on it. I suppose i will just have to keep my eyes open for the proper trunk rug to fit. (at a decent price of course). But all in all, i got it, thanks for all the replys.