Side Mirrors No Longer Turing Down When In Reverse

FZ6 Dude

Last week I noticed on my 2006 RX330 that the drivers side mirror was not turning down when the shifter was placed into Reverse. Then a day or so later the passenger side mirror stopped doing this as well. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I just need to reset something or is it a bigger problem?

As a side note, just prior to this happening, I updated my navi disk with the latest "burned" version.

Thanks

First things first - check the fuses. Look in your owners manual for your fuse diagrams. Find the fuses associated with the mirrors, then pull them and check to see if they've blown.

Don't know if the updated navigation disk could have hosed your mirrors, but anything is possible (although I doubt it).

It may be simpler than that.

Check the selector for the mirrors, if its in the center then the mirrors will not dip, if its on the left mirror only that mirror will dip, if its on the right both will dip. I bet thats the issue...

Only half so, I just realized I have it backwards, on the left the left mirror will dip, on the right both will dip, in the center none will.

I have to go back to Kindergarden and re-learn my left and rights ;)

Only half so, I just realized I have it backwards, on the left the left mirror will dip, on the right both will dip, in the center none will.

My wife had the car so I was not able to check out the switch position. But, before both sides dipped. However, the drivers side did not dip as nearly as much as the passenger mirror did.

My wife had the car so I was not able to check out the switch position. But, before both sides dipped. However, the drivers side did not dip as nearly as much as the passenger mirror did.

There are some old threads about how to adjust that range.

Thats how its supposed to be.

I bet you the switch has just gotten moved and thats why its not working any longer.

• 6 years later...