2005 Rx330 Busted Lower Rear Tail Light Assembly

BuddyTD

While backing up, I broke/busted the lower rear (driver's side) rear tail light assembly. The part costs about $100.00. There is no damage to the bumper and I am sure the lens assembly will fit easily into the bumper.....once I figure out how to remove and replace.

Any pictures or manual references to help me complete the replacement? On a scale of ten......how hard is the fix?

Thanks!

While backing up, I broke/busted the lower rear (driver's side) rear tail light assembly. The part costs about $100.00. There is no damage to the bumper and I am sure the lens assembly will fit easily into the bumper.....once I figure out how to remove and replace.

Any pictures or manual references to help me complete the replacement? On a scale of ten......how hard is the fix?

Thanks!

Buddy- since no one has jumped in here I will try to give you a little help. A lot of experience if the field but have never worked on one of them. I can tell you with the thinking today that it shouldn't be hard to get off. They're not so much worried about you, the simpler it is to change, the less it costs them to assemble the vehicle. There should be a couple of screws when you open the rear lid. Once you remove those, the light probably snaps into clips on the outer part. If it seems like it is NOT BOLTED, you should be able to get a good hold on the light and a quick yank straight back should release it from the clips. Better than trying to pry it loose on the outside, where you might chip the paint. At least that's the most common way that tail lights are attached in recent years.

Scale of 1-10, most likely a 1. $100 seems cheap for that tail light unless it's a Tiawan aftermarket.

• 2 months later...

Thanks!

There is one bolt holding it on the "center side" of the vehicle.

• 2 months later...

Thanks!

There is one bolt holding it on the "center side" of the vehicle.

The passenger side is quite difficult if you have "air suspension."