Keys (open/lock) '03 Rx300

BuddyTD

I have an '03 RX 300. Both of my keys: 1. Will not unlock the car when pressing the button on the key. 2. Will lock the car on a hit and miss basis.

I have noticed that, on both keys, the red light flashes when I press these buttons. I have changed both of the key's batteries.

This has just started. What seems to be the problem?

Does the automatic locking/unlocking system need to be reset? How is this done?

Thank you,

BuddyTD

I have an '03 RX 300. Both of my keys: 1. Will not unlock the car when pressing the button on the key. 2. Will lock the car on a hit and miss basis.

I have noticed that, on both keys, the red light flashes when I press these buttons. I have changed both of the key's batteries.

This has just started. What seems to be the problem?

Does the automatic locking/unlocking system need to be reset? How is this done?

Thank you,

BuddyTD

A suggestion was made recently on one of the Lexus forums to remove the battery and take a wood pencil with a good eraser and clean the contacts for the battery in the remote. That's a long shot, but it's easy and costs nothing. It worked for the person asking for help. Next, if you have the glove box manual, check to see if it addresses the problem. Are there any directions for reseting? One other thing you might try after the things mentioned is disconnect the battery for about 20 min. and see if that changes anything. Do the locks respond well with the inside lock button? All 4? Let us know if any of this does any good. ALWAYS best to try the simple things 1st, even if you think they may be a long shot.