Automatic Climate Control

It varies some based on the outside temp, which can be affected by vehicle speed and the sun sensor all working with the inside temperature sensor. I usually just flip the temp setting up or down a degree or two to make it do what I want. I usually keep the back seat vents closed too since nobody rides back there.

Put simply, it sucks. The climate control in our old Volvo S40 worked much better. I have dual climate control in my Subaru Legacy. It works as well as the Lexus, which isn't saying much. You still have to turn it up or down some. It doesn't make or break the car being a nice car, but the climate control leaves much to be desired.

I have to agree. It seems that no matter what the ambient temperature, if I turn on the 'Auto' feature, the AC comes on. Geeze, how I HATE reaching all the way to the dash and pushing that button! (jk)

Well, at least it's a better system than in a VW bug! lol

Well, I thought only my car has this problem. I, also, can't have the Auto on while it's on the internal circulation either. May be it is just a result of the pursuit of perfection.

You are missing the point of the AUTO feature--if you put it on full Auto, all you set is the temp. The system will determine if it's better to have fresh air or recirculated air. If you want to overide it and have recir air, the rest of the system is still on "Auto". For some dumb reason, Lexus makes the indicator light on the Auto button turn off. My Honda specifies "Full Auto" if you just hit Auto, or plain "Auto" if you override fan speed, mode, recirc, etc.

Does anyone find that the automatic climate control doesn't do a good job at keeping the temperature steady? I noticed that it switches between vents and sometimes the AC gets triggered, is there some way of stopping this while the automatic setting is on?

The auto does seem to behave erratically. Why does the AC come on?