Lcd Question

brian73

I own an '05 LS 430 Ultra Luxury with Nav. System.

My battery went bad and my computer corrupted. It seems as though the behavior of my LCD has also changed since I replaced the battery. Dealer thinks it is operating fine. Could someone do a quick test and confirm the behavior I will describe below?

1. Play radio or CD

1. Press Audio button to display Audio screen

2. Press Climate button to display Climate screen

3. Press Climate button to turn off Climate screen

Does the Audio screen reappear (as I suspect it should) or does the screen go blank?

It would appear that my LCD has amnesia. It also doesn't start in the mode I leave it when I turn the car off.

Note: Before performing above test, please make sure option to automatically return to Navigation screen is off

Any help to confirm the proper behavior would be greatly appreciated as the manual doesn't really say.

Thanks,

Brian

I own an '05 LS 430 Ultra Luxury with Nav. System.

My battery went bad and my computer corrupted. It seems as though the behavior of my LCD has also changed since I replaced the battery. Dealer thinks it is operating fine. Could someone do a quick test and confirm the behavior I will describe below?

1. Play radio or CD

1. Press Audio button to display Audio screen

2. Press Climate button to display Climate screen

3. Press Climate button to turn off Climate screen

Does the Audio screen reappear (as I suspect it should) or does the screen go blank?

It would appear that my LCD has amnesia. It also doesn't start in the mode I leave it when I turn the car off.

Note: Before performing above test, please make sure option to automatically return to Navigation screen is off

Any help to confirm the proper behavior would be greatly appreciated as the manual doesn't really say.

Thanks,

Brian

i tried turning off the nav screen (information, screen) and it behaved exactly the way you described. Does the map appear at all? it could be the car is trying to switch back to the map screen and the Nav ECU is fried.

Maybe check the fuses? Did the one for the nav computer blow out? There is also a setting to not return the screen to map mode after a timeout (I don't remember where this setting is) have you checked that?

-J

The map (NAV) screen is fine and works correctly. The issue is the audio or climate screens. I doubt the problem is a fuse since the LCD screen is capable of displaying everything when I press the appropriate button.

Though the Lexus manual deosn't address the LCD behavior I'm questioning, it does say that when the car is put in reverse the backup camera should display and when put into drive the prior screen on display should reappear. When I have the audio displayed, put the gear shift in reverse (which does display the backup camewra) and then shift into drive my screen shuts off. I have to press the audio button again to get the screen to redisplay. This is very similar to the problem originally mentioned. On that basis I'll take the car to the dealer and ask them to fix it.

Thanks for your response.