New Tires For Es330

Took my car in for an oil change and the Wheel Works person told me that the tires are worn out, original tires, closing in on 50,000 miles.

He recommended a Bridgestone Tire with uni-t package Potenza G019 P215/60R16. I has asked for a tire that will help keep the road noise down.

Any thoughts around the recommendation or suggestions on what I should be looking for?

If your road noise was that bad it could be that the last time you had your tires rotated, the mechanic did so improperly, leading to the treads running the opposite direction than is expected. As for tires to pick out, I've had michelins on two different ES's and they've been terrific. A bit more than others like Goodyear and probably Bridgestone, but well worth it.

I would (and did) put a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires on this car. They are by far the smoothest and quietest tires I've had on this car including an older set of MXV4+'s, the original Bridgestone Potenza RE92s, a set of Bridgestone Turanza LS-Vs, and a set of Toyo Proxes TPTs. They've gotten smoother and quieter as they've worn in.

A little more expensive than the Exaltos which I also considered, but uni-directional and better treadwear. I wouldn't even consider those Bridgestones...

Just put Bridgestone Taranza Serenity on my 02. About 500 miles on them so far. They are Awesome! I did some research on the net and generally got great reviews. I paid $129.00 each not including mounting, balancing, or taxes. Caution not all Taranzas got good reviews. Hope this helps.

leon

Just put Bridgestone Taranza Serenity on my 02. About 500 miles on them so far. They are Awesome! I did some research on the net and generally got great reviews. I paid $129.00 each not including mounting, balancing, or taxes. Caution not all Taranzas got good reviews. Hope this helps.

leon

ohhh PRIMACY. thats what I wanted but the pilots for 215-??-16 started at $1,000.00. so i can only imagine the primacy that replaced the energies. I ended up with Yokohamma Avids for $500, i came from yk120s? I preferred the YKs they were a little smoother ride but then agian i ride over the oldest roads ever to get to work and have them filled with nitrogen. I guess the Avids are more performance touring the YKs were touring. All other times they are ok. Ive never had michelins but was told by my personal mechanic he would not put the pilots over the avids. yokos are oem too. and lets face it its not like our cars are new, so as long as you get a michelin equiv you should be ok

do stay away from bridge stone turanzas and potenzas they are loud, hydroplane, and have bumpy rides. to get rid of the bumpy ride you have to go to a dealer and get a $100 road force balance. Bridgestones only rated a 5/6. yokos were 7/8 and the pilots 8/9 and primacies 9/10. :D

I had my Primacy MXV4s installed for about $550. The trick is to buy H rated tires, not V rated. The Vs are way more expensive and the H's are actually softer and better riding.

Shop around too, places sell the Primacy;s for a huge markup, look on TireRack and either order from there or negotiate to that price with whatever shop you choose.

i just bought Primacy MXV4 205/60/16 H rated (of course I put new alloy wheels)

from discount tire for my 97 ES300 with 349,600 miles. tire for 128.00 +17 lifetime balance+18 warranty=158 for one

They running $70 coupon when you buy 4.

Hope that helps.

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S. nice all round tire for the ES.

go to www.tirerack.com and use their decision tree to help find a tire that might suit your specific needs.

steviej

Definitely do what steviej said. Tirerack is a great site for evaluting performance vs road noise. Bridgestones Potenzas are great performance tires but you will probably sacrifice some noise in the process. Its all personal preference.

Took my car in for an oil change and the Wheel Works person told me that the tires are worn out, original tires, closing in on 50,000 miles.

He recommended a Bridgestone Tire with uni-t package Potenza G019 P215/60R16. I has asked for a tire that will help keep the road noise down.

Any thoughts around the recommendation or suggestions on what I should be looking for?

I would recommend Michelin Primacy MXV4(60k warranty) at Costco.