Transmission Fluid Amounts

I know the LS, and GS300 are two quarts out, two quarts in. Anyone know if it's the same for the 430 setup? The only problem with mine, is the dealer "non lexus" apparently overfilled it by quite a bit. The fluid is WAY above the "hot" marker, when it's cold. So, you know it's even further up the stick when it's hot. Figured I'd just pull the cork and let it all drain back to where a normal drain n' fill would be. Just not sure how much to put back in? I'm buying a case from the toyota dealer, and plan on doing a few of these gentle rotations over the next few thousand miles, since I can't confirm the fluid they added was genuine type iv. I assume it is, since they used a genuine air filter, lexus battery, and oil filter. But, better to be safe than sorry.

When I do the drain and fills on my 02 GS3 its usually a little more than 2quarts.. about 2.4quarts... I usually just measure whats drained out in a container with lines that I got from the dollar store... and yes its accurate, I checked it first with pre-measured water to make sure the lines weren't off. I wouldn't expect much more to come out of the a GS430 but I would just measure to be safe.

When I do the drain and fills on my 02 GS3 its usually a little more than 2quarts.. about 2.4quarts... I usually just measure whats drained out in a container with lines that I got from the dollar store... and yes its accurate, I checked it first with pre-measured water to make sure the lines weren't off. I wouldn't expect much more to come out of the a GS430 but I would just measure to be safe.

I think it's a 2 - 2.5 quart range acrossed the board for these cars. But I'm going to call the local Lexus dealership to double check. The problem for me with measuring what comes out, is the car is overfilled already, so I would certainly get that excess amount into my measuring containers. What I want to do is pull the plug, let it drain until it stops, and refill with the correct amount from there, to put me back at proper levels. My wife and son are heading back to NC for a week next weekend, so that'll be my time to do these things, as it gets pretty tough to get anything done when the ruler of the house isn't but 10 months old. He has the attention span of a flea at the moment.

I think it's a 2 - 2.5 quart range acrossed the board for these cars. But I'm going to call the local Lexus dealership to double check. The problem for me with measuring what comes out, is the car is overfilled already, so I would certainly get that excess amount into my measuring containers. What I want to do is pull the plug, let it drain until it stops, and refill with the correct amount from there, to put me back at proper levels. My wife and son are heading back to NC for a week next weekend, so that'll be my time to do these things, as it gets pretty tough to get anything done when the ruler of the house isn't but 10 months old. He has the attention span of a flea at the moment.

What's up Nc ? Yeah, I think it is 2-2.4 qt's also. You have got to be loving the GS ;) Been secretly sleeping in the garage lately ? :lol::lol::lol: