Rx330

garychicago

Hello. I am thinking about buying a 2006 Lexus RX330 with about 20 to 25k miles. Any idea how much I could expect to pay for certfied car from a dealer.

Can anyone please give me some guidance? I see them listed for around $30 to $31k. However, given the economy and lack of appetite for SUVs, this seems like a lot of money. I also dont want to be unrealistic in my negotiations with dealers.

Thanks.

I think you can get a lower price. 04's with 70 are going for about 19 - 22. If you look hard you could probably find one with about 40 - 50K for mid to low 20's i bet. Use Craigs list, Kelly Blue Book, Various websites etc, to help determine market value. And also know that the markup on used lowmilage vehicles is HIGH at the dealerships usually.

I think you can get a lower price. 04's with 70 are going for about 19 - 22. If you look hard you could probably find one with about 40 - 50K for mid to low 20's i bet. Use Craigs list, Kelly Blue Book, Various websites etc, to help determine market value. And also know that the markup on used lowmilage vehicles is HIGH at the dealerships usually.

Our selling dealer offered us $15,000 in trade for our mint condition '04 RX330 AWD with 38,000 miles on it. What a joke. My point? More than any vehicle we have ever owned have we been more disappointed in the retained value of the Lexus. We had wanted to purchase the 2010 RX but really do not see the point. So, don't be afraid to bargain, there are plenty out there, and at least in this area of New Jersey they are being taken in trade real cheap. You are wise to buy a used RX rather than a new one... let some other sucker fall for the Lexus myth and purchase it new, baby it, and get taken at trade-in time. It has been a very reliable car all around and a used one should serve you very well indeed. Unfortunately after the experience we had with our local (and selling/servicing) dealer at trade-in time I would be extremely hesitant to purchase another Lexus product.

Hello. I am thinking about buying a 2006 Lexus RX330 with about 20 to 25k miles. Any idea how much I could expect to pay for certfied car from a dealer.

Can anyone please give me some guidance? I see them listed for around $30 to $31k. However, given the economy and lack of appetite for SUVs, this seems like a lot of money. I also dont want to be unrealistic in my negotiations with dealers.

Thanks.

Check out on-line offerings at the dealers (incl.in other States]. I would guess a 06Rx330 with 25K miles should go about 25-26K dollars: a new RX350 (2009) goes - with the Lexus 'support' - for - say - $34K. An '06 - not even a 350, still a 330 - in the best of ases cannot be at less than a 30% discount to new (?). On the 'offered' side, Lexus of Kendall (www.lexusofkendall.com) in FL is offering a 2008RX350 with 14.5K miles at $30.8; a 2007 RX350 with 25K miles at $29K; another 2007 with 29K miles at $27K; and a 2006 RX330 with 34K miles at $25K one with 29K miles at $27K.... all this before any negotiation.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just signed up and wanted to share my experience.

In January, I bought a certified 2006 2WD with 32K mi for 26,500. Beautiful car, has everything but premium sound. It was a lease return that the dealer bought at an auction. Dealer was asking 28.9; my car dealer buddy says I might have left 500-1k on the table.

Hope you're already enjoying yours!

Thanks.

Just bought 06 RX330 in NY 24,300 with 34000 miles

Automobile dealers make from 2% - 10% profit on a new car. They make 20% - 50% profit on used cars! Do the math - there's plenty of room for negotiation. With the economy the way it is now and the "SUV hangover" from high gas prices last year, the RX3XX prices are way down. So don't be afraid to insult the dealer with a lowball offer - they will have insulted the car's previous owner far more!

And it's not just Lexus - all car values have tanked - especially luxury models.

Automobile dealers make from 2% - 10% profit on a new car. They make 20% - 50% profit on used cars! Do the math - there's plenty of room for negotiation. With the economy the way it is now and the "SUV hangover" from high gas prices last year, the RX3XX prices are way down. So don't be afraid to insult the dealer with a lowball offer - they will have insulted the car's previous owner far more!

And it's not just Lexus - all car values have tanked - especially luxury models.

The original post was a couple of months ago, and the original 'post-er' has not repsonded.... IMHO, it is probable that he got the car he wanted at the price he wanted already........!!