18" Wheels And Tires

NicLX470

I have a question with anyone with a 03-07 LX470 because they all come with 18" wheels. I have a 98 LX470 with the 18" wheels from a 06-07 model and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about good tires for these wheels. Ones that are quiet and smooth. Because with the tires I have on them now I have a hard time keeping them balanced perfect because the steering wheel shakes sometimes at highway speeds. I do not know if this is just a Toyota thing because 2 previous 4Runners I have owned which were both 98 models did this and also I test drove a new 08 4Runner with 20 miles on it and the steering wheel was shaking on the highway and I was completely horrified. Now assuming there is no hope as every Toyota SUV I have driven is doing this. So if any you guys DO NOT have this issue with 18" wheels. Let me know what tires you have so I can try them out!!! Thanks. <_<

• 7 months later...

I have a question with anyone with a 03-07 LX470 because they all come with 18" wheels. I have a 98 LX470 with the 18" wheels from a 06-07 model and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about good tires for these wheels. Ones that are quiet and smooth. Because with the tires I have on them now I have a hard time keeping them balanced perfect because the steering wheel shakes sometimes at highway speeds. I do not know if this is just a Toyota thing because 2 previous 4Runners I have owned which were both 98 models did this and also I test drove a new 08 4Runner with 20 miles on it and the steering wheel was shaking on the highway and I was completely horrified. Now assuming there is no hope as every Toyota SUV I have driven is doing this. So if any you guys DO NOT have this issue with 18" wheels. Let me know what tires you have so I can try them out!!! Thanks. <_<

I have a 2003 LX and I am running Michelin Cross Terrains 285/70/18 and they ride great. I am on my second set now.