Alarm Problem Diagnosed....

jcrome04

Hey guys I just thought I'd keep everybody updated.

I've had my alarm problem diagnosed down to the Multiplexing ECU (89221-50021).

Not my Keyfob. Not any of the latches. Just the cute lil perplexing ECU :lol:

The local dealership quoted about $600 for the part, then advised me to check online or at junkyards :D at least they're honest right?? haha.

So here are some prices..

Dealer: ~$600.00

Carson: $454.55

Parts.com: $378.63

If anyone knows of anything cheaper... let me know!! I'll be looking to place an order very soon.

(oh an an update for my previeous Parts.com order... Sched delivery date is 3/26. Looks like they've got things together)

(oh an an update for my previeous Parts.com order... Sched delivery date is 3/26. Looks like they've got things together)
Ahahaha. We'll see if they make a repeat customer out of you.

Glad to see that you at least know what's causing the alarm to go off. Why don't you actually go get a junkyard ECU?

because where I live there are not many "well stocked" junkyards. . . You'd have to drive for hours and hours to even think about an LS being at one.

And an LS400 being at one would be nothing short of a miracle! lol

Plus I don't mind spending a little extra on a BRAND NEW part. Rather than getting a used one and putting my faith in IT.

:lol: I've decided to be in this LS for a while. So I'm going to get her all fixed up!!

She's only at ~160k B)

Plus I don't mind spending a little extra on a BRAND NEW part. Rather than getting a used one and putting my faith in IT.
Ironic, since you won't even fork up an extra $5 to buy parts at a reputable retailer rather than from some scam business. :P :lol:

Let us know when you finally get a new one if it IS fixed to know for sure.

car-parts.com should have had one.

car-part.com ;)

when you search put it in as "Computer (non engine)"

should be $50-250 tops. always call the junkyard and confirm the part number.

so is car-part.com just a network of junkyards??

There might be a mint black 99 LS with 105k going for sale here soon.... I might need to upgrade my car! :D :D :D

Coolant Temp Sensor was delivered on time.

And the Multiplexing ECU was shipped OVERNIGHT when I only asked (and paid) for FedEx ground.

E-mailed a question and received a personal e-mail within 30min.

This place is seeming like a great store to me! B)

Well I ended up getting the ECU overnight :)

parts.com is kicking @$$ so far!! B) B) B) B)

One more question...

What does the MPX ECU control?? Anything that would be making my car decelerate ??

And the Multiplexing ECU was shipped OVERNIGHT when I only asked (and paid) for FedEx ground.

Check your credit card statement. :P

If you feel so strongly about this place, why don't you go on resellerratings.com and give some feedback?

you will always get negative feedback when u r dealing in retail, theres no way around it...whenever i order anything online i always call, make sure its in stock and deal with a someone directly, and...always ask and write down their name

Check your credit card statement. :P

If you feel so strongly about this place, why don't you go on resellerratings.com and give some feedback?

Nope, no problems on my CHECKING ACCOUNT statement :lol: haha

ecu? or body control module? for that price i would have just disabled the stock and went aftermarket

I know it controls all the power options.

I don't think I'd want to save a few penny's on an aftermarket ECU of all things :D

I <3 OEM :wub: lol

No one would make an aftermarket ecu for a lexus it is a reman'd one if anything .

BCM sends signals to windows locks and watches door pins and controls lights. It is also the main computer for the memory function of the seats and wheel.

It looks after all the features of the cars not related to driving.

Not sure about other years but on the 98 and up LS it has a computer (BCM) in each door as well as 2 others under the dash.

Took the Lex in today to get it installed.

All went well. Hopefully this does the trick!! :D I've got my fingers crossed..

I reaaaaaally am hoping to the lord almighty that this will work!! :lol:

you will always get negative feedback when u r dealing in retail, theres no way around it...whenever i order anything online i always call, make sure its in stock and deal with a someone directly, and...always ask and write down their name

That doesn't mean he shouldn't reward good service with a good review on those kinds of websites.

Also...

People are a lot more quick to voice a negative opinion than a positive one.

If they ripped me off I have a lot more reason to go out of my way to make a review. Rather than getting the right part, on time, and moving on with my life :)

It's funny, some of the truly great retailers like Newegg.com have nothing but good reviews.

I really hate jerks on Amazon.com who don't give me any feedback. I have sold 4 textbooks and I have gone out of my way to make sure I provided tracking numbers and quick shipping free of charge, and I didn't get ANY feedback from anyone. So when I post stuff on Amazon.com, I'm still listed as a new seller (since those mouthbreathers didn't bother giving me any feedback). That's the last time I'm doing that!

WELL!!!!!!

I knew I shouldn't have gotten too excited...

It's going off again...

I think I'm going to have my old Clifford alarm/remote start installed and see if that fixes anything..

I didn;t think it was that , It is the switches.

All they need to do it measure the ohms from the latches and the ecu to tell which one is bad.

I would take it up with the dealer for telling you it was the ecu.

Well the aftermarket alarm I have just "integrates" with the factory alarm so it wouldn't fix anything. I thought it was a stand alone system.

It's back at the dealership free of charge. ;)