Replacement Mirror Glass

Does anyone know where I may be able to get replacement glass for a 2006 GS300 passenger side rear-view mirror at a reasonable price? Wife hit the mailbox while backing out of the driveway and now the bottom of the mirror housing is scratched up and the glass is broken. I figure I'll touch-up paint the housing, but need to replace the glass.

I checked online and found a product called Burco Redi Cuts. However, it seems as if you just stick the replacement glass on top of the broken glass, which doesn't sound like a great idea. Also, they say that doing this will keep the heated glass properties, but I'll lose the auto dimming.

I'd like to find a better solution that lets me keep the heated mirror and the auto dimming. Any suggestions?

Edit: Just talked to the dealer's parts department... $374 just for the mirror, and $300 additional for the housing if I wish to replace that...

I've had good luck with similar challenges on eBay, particularly if you are not in a hurry.

Dave

Does anyone know where I may be able to get replacement glass for a 2006 GS300 passenger side rear-view mirror at a reasonable price? Wife hit the mailbox while backing out of the driveway and now the bottom of the mirror housing is scratched up and the glass is broken. I figure I'll touch-up paint the housing, but need to replace the glass.

I checked online and found a product called Burco Redi Cuts. However, it seems as if you just stick the replacement glass on top of the broken glass, which doesn't sound like a great idea. Also, they say that doing this will keep the heated glass properties, but I'll lose the auto dimming.

I'd like to find a better solution that lets me keep the heated mirror and the auto dimming. Any suggestions?

I've had good luck with similar challenges on eBay, particularly if you are not in a hurry.

Dave

Thanks for the info, Dave. I did check eBay, but the only ones I could find there are the "stick over your broken mirror" kinds that don't have the auto dimming feature... I'll keep looking...