Original Spare Tire - Should I Replace That Too?!

Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

I'm going to have to replace all four tires on my 1993 LS400 sometime soon [Just trying to save up enough money to do so] and was wondering......

Should I buy a 5th new tire to replace the original Goodyear GA spare?!

That spare tire has been locked away in the trunk now for over 16 years!!!

I'm also still trying to decide what tires to buy. I'm leaning toward the Michelin Primacy MXV4 with a 'V' speed rating - but am also semi-considering the Goodyear Triple Tred [With an 'H' speed rating - but rated very highly for rain and even light snow] AND the Bridgestone Serenity tires. The Bridgestone Turnanza LS-V's on the car now have proven themselves to be great tires. To bad they don't make them anymore.

Thanks,

Craig!! :)

Where ya been, Craig? Hidin' under a rock?

I think you should keep your GA spare and go for the record! ;)

Or (seriously now) buy a cheap tire to use as a spare ... no sense in buying something nice if it's going to live in the trunk.

Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

I'm going to have to replace all four tires on my 1993 LS400 sometime soon [Just trying to save up enough money to do so] and was wondering......

Should I buy a 5th new tire to replace the original Goodyear GA spare?!

That spare tire has been locked away in the trunk now for over 16 years!!!

I'm also still trying to decide what tires to buy. I'm leaning toward the Michelin Primacy MXV4 with a 'V' speed rating - but am also semi-considering the Goodyear Triple Tred [With an 'H' speed rating - but rated very highly for rain and even light snow] AND the Bridgestone Serenity tires. The Bridgestone Turnanza LS-V's on the car now have proven themselves to be great tires. To bad they don't make them anymore.

Thanks,

No I wouldn't worry about getting a new spare either.( However make sure the current spare is not flat,just in case you need it some time.)

As for the Michelin tire mentioned, I have just put a set(245X45X18's) on my 02 LS. They are perfect.Quiet and smooth.

Good luck.

(Canadian too.EH) ;)

• 1 month later...

The two most detrimental factors for tires is sun and use.

If the tire has been in your trunk this whole time, is holding air and shows no signs or dry rot then why spend the money?

It is a spare and to be used for just that: to get you off the road and to safety.

steviej

Where can you get "V" rated?

Michelin doesn't produce those any more :o

THANKS GUYS!!

I appreciate the opinions. And I [now] agree. No need to replace the spare tire. It looks - well - like NEW - and it's still holding air!!

Hi Mike!! :)

If you click on THIS you'll see exactly what sizes and speed ratings the Michelin Primacy MXV4 comes in.

• 2 weeks later...