Car Alarm/remote Start

lexusboy

I am looking into remote starts and maybe an alarm. The system I liked the best so far is LYNX 2000 LCD PAGER REMOTE START CAR ALARM. I have looked on the website and I talked to the installers in my area and it sounds like they have never installed this system before and would only charge me by hour and who knows how long it will take them. Do you guys have any experience with this system and if you are in the chicago area could you recommend a good installer of this product. thanks

I am looking into remote starts and maybe an alarm. The system I liked the best so far is LYNX 2000 LCD PAGER REMOTE START CAR ALARM. I have looked on the website and I talked to the installers in my area and it sounds like they have never installed this system before and would only charge me by hour and who knows how long it will take them. Do you guys have any experience with this system and if you are in the chicago area could you recommend a good installer of this product. thanks

Go to another installer that will be honest with you. 99% of these systems install the same. Just make sure the wiring codes are very clear in the instructions for your car. The stores that install their own alarms make a huge margin on the price of the alarm itself. Fry's charged me $150 to install my $150 alarm with remote start, door locks, 2-way pager. That's $300 total. Most shops with charge you $600 total for same alarm and install. Most stereo shops are complete rip-offs. Their profit margins are like drug sales.

BTW, my FM2000 alarm has worked perfect from day 1. Some people here questioned the quality. Autostart is great and the 2-way pager works 100%. Alarm is loud with multi tones and the remote autolock works great. I see no difference with this $150 alarm and my girlfriend's Clifford alarm that she paid $800 for at Car Toys. + mine has trunk pop and few more feature.