Best Drop For My Es

i have a 95 es300 and i am looking for a 2 inch drop. eibach only makes a 1 inch drop, so i was wondering if anyone has dropped their es 2 inchs?

also what is a good strut bar i know alot of people have them, so i was just wanting your input on what kind is the best, and where i can get it

thanks

the 2 inch drop im not sure about but the strut bar you can buy off ebay like i did for like 20 bucks or so.just do a search for strut bar on ebay and you will find them.they are all bacially the same so to say one is better then another is hard to do.as long as its not made of plastic!lol :D

lol ay bbsal... the strut bars on ebay are like $15 shipped now. they're like $8 buy it now minus shipping. it's amazing how cheap they are. i think i needa go pick one up sometime soon.

i know they are soooo cheap now its crazy!im suprized you dont have one yet. :D

yeah i thought JIC had coilovers for the ES. i think TEIN actually has coilovers for the ES as well. i remember seeing them from TEIN.

lol yeah bbsal, i havne't gotten around to buying one yet. it would help if i had a job, an income, and a credit card :P unless you wouldn't mind buying me one :D

i haven't heard anythin 'bout the sprint spring 1.8" drop. i think 2" might actually be a lot to drop on the ES. it'd sacrifice too much ride comfort becasue the tires would be so close to the fenderwell. but that's just my opinion.

kev

Hey man, since you have a 95 ES, you can go ahead and look for springs that fall under the 92-96 Camry V6 models, since those will go lower. Intrax makes Camry V6 springs that drop 1.6". I myself have ordered H&R springs from tirerack.com which drop 1.3". There's also B&G springs... Then you have the Eibachs. Sprint springs, stay away... :chairshot:

Teins are made for 97+up models. :D

I would never drop my car more than 1.3" - 1.5" with just using lowering springs.

A drop up to 1.3" or so would be within the OEM manufacturer's tolerance, for more than that you need shortened sport shocks.

Also, since the actual weight of your car may vary (no. of people, ICE installations, ...) if you drop your car too much, you will be hitting the ground or fencers.

actually cheap strut bars wont do you much good.. theyre made of many parts - more bolts on the bar itself means less strength of the bar... when you pay $200 for a strut bar, youre getting quality... thickness, light weight metal, stronger metal, some are one-piece.. but these, of course, are not for the average driver... the average driver even with a strut bar probably wouldnt notice the difference

I would never drop my car more than 1.3" - 1.5" with just using lowering springs.

A drop up to 1.3" or so would be within the OEM manufacturer's tolerance, for more than that you need shortened sport shocks.

Also, since the actual weight of your car may vary (no. of people, ICE installations, ...) if you drop your car too much, you will be hitting the ground or fencers.

So how's about finding me some Espelier drop springs for my 96ES? :D :lol:

There are Espelier, Tanabe, and RSR drop springs available in Japan.. {-_-} (Robert) over at CL was going to get some for me, but the shipping prices were just too outrageous, since they are a little heavy. So I have to settle with H&R or Intrax ones. :)