What Is Needed To Add Navi?

I have a 06 lexus gs300 and it does not have navi.

I would like to know what parts are needed to add navi to the car ie ( gps computer, antenna, wireing, cd, whole new screen unit)

I know that a lot of car companies have all wiring already in the car so all they have to do is plug in a couple things. So if you guys could supply me a list of all objects i will need in order to add Navi to my gs300 that would be great. Im trying to piece parts together from ebay and wreaked cars.

Thx -Kevin

• 1 month later...

$100 and a trip to Best Buy for a Garmin Nuvi to save yourself from the possiblity of having to tear apart your car installing the wires, computers, and the several hundred dollars it'll probably end up costing.

If you ask me, unless you bought a car with the navigation system already in it, spending the money to install one just seems wasteful when you can buy a mobile one that can go from car to car to car for cheap. It's kind of like the guy to pays $40k to install a swimming pool in his back yard, then sells the house only to realize about $15k of added value for the pool "as nobody else in his neighborhood has one".

plus, you can use the Garmin while you're driving, unlike a Lexus system that locks you out once the car is put into drive.

I would like to know what parts are needed to add navi to the car ie ( gps computer, antenna, wireing, cd, whole new screen unit)

I know that a lot of car companies have all wiring already in the car so all they have to do is plug in a couple things. So if you guys could supply me a list of all objects i will need in order to add Navi to my gs300 that would be great. Im trying to piece parts together from ebay and wreaked cars.

Thx -Kevin

Hey guys, I just sold a 2006 GS nav to a guy and he was flippin happy, I will see if I have a couple more, Leave your email info and I will get back with you ASAP. :cheers:

Thx -Kevin

Hey guys, I just sold a 2006 GS nav to a guy and he was flippin happy, I will see if I have a couple more, Leave your email info and I will get back with you ASAP.:cheers:

itstommytran@sbcglobal.net

thanks man!