Remove Rear Door Panels 93 Ls400

Von

Need some help on removing the rear door panels. I know the front has about 14 screws and clips. Haven't found anything like (lexls) on the rear. Only see 2 screws, and there must be more. I'm starting to pry, and things are REAL TIGHT , don't want to ruin a nice door panel. :( Well I guess all of you experts out there either don't know how to remove a door panel, or it's so easy any idiot should be able to do it. I'll go do a search at Better Homes and Gardens, maybe they know something.

I've got an html file w pics, but it's the wrong format to upload it here as an attachment. So pm me w your email and I'll send it to you.

I am not having any trouble, but would like to know how to safely remove them, since I have a 95 & 97

my email is billydpowell@verizon.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Great work, Eatingup. I'm replacing door speakers, and you got me through it.

I emphatically disagree with a step. Do not remove the child safety switch cover. It can be a nightmare to replace. Leave it on, and fit it around the switch when you replace the panel.

• 4 years later...
On 4/11/2009 at 10:27 PM, eatingupblacktop said:

Finally got some time to distill the html file for this down to a jpg because html's can't be uploaded on this forum. Thought I'd post it here in case anyone else can use this info. :cheers:

HOWTOREMOVEREARDOORPANELON91-94LS40.jpg

Posting an image that is hosted on another site helps for all of few days, and after that it is useless. Should've posted at least an abbreviated version of this "how-to", since you've done it obviously, and had the instructions.