Bumper Sonar Sensor

Jackintx

My 2004 LS430 has a front bumper sonar sensor that is beeping at me all the time when stopped or at low speeds. Does anyone know how to disconnect the bad sensor, or somehow disable just the one? I know about the switch that turns them all off, but I could live with just the one not working. I dread going to the dealer. They will probably want to replace the whole unit.

My 2004 LS430 has a front bumper sonar sensor that is beeping at me all the time when stopped or at low speeds. Does anyone know how to disconnect the bad sensor, or somehow disable just the one? I know about the switch that turns them all off, but I could live with just the one not working. I dread going to the dealer. They will probably want to replace the whole unit.

I know this may seem simple... But i had the same thing happen with my wife's van, and could not figure it out.. We took a tooth brush and cleaned all the sensors and found one with some bug juice smeared on it. Stopped the problem, But have heard that even just surface dirt can set them off.. You can also set the sensors a bit on the display screen if you have GPS ... (i think) there are some settings there for parking assist anyway..

Hope this helps.. Could also be a loose wire.