Headlights (what Is The Diff)

blacklexus90

:huh: I HAVE BEEN READING ON A FEW FORUMS ABOUT THE 1990-1992 HEAD LIGHTS AND THE 1993-1994 HEADLIGHTS.THEY LOOK THE SAME TO me,SO WHAT IS THE DIFF?CAN SOME 1 HELP ME ON THIS MATTER.I WANT TO BUY THE HID LIGHTS FOR MY 1992 MODEL(LS 400)BUT THE WEB SITE SAY THEY R FOR 1993-1994 ONLY. DO THEY PLUG UP THE SAME WAY?????

The 90-92 LS headlights use 9004 bulbs. The 93-94 LS uses 9003 bulbs. ( http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...placementGuide/ ) The two bulb types and their connectors are very different. 9003 bulbs are a little higher wattage than 9004 bulbs.

Aftermarket HID kits often don't work very well but work particularly poorly in a 90-94 LS due to the headlight's awful light pattern dictated by the headlight lens.

I think you would be better off buying aftermarket Eagle Eyes headlights on eBay like Python did. You could replace the connectors on your car with 9003 connectors so you could use the Eagle Eyes headlights.

Last I saw, Python was offering his HID kit for sale. Do a search for his "for sale" thead if you really want to go that way.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease ease up on the caps :lol: your posts are very irking to read :D

You're lucky 1990LS400 is helping you cause that simple fact can stop a lot of people from doing it.

:cheers:

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease ease up on the caps :lol: your posts are very irking to read :D

You're lucky 1990LS400 is helping you cause that simple fact can stop a lot of people from doing it.

:cheers:

:lol: Yes you r right,I hate typing nothing personal I think it is for woman.Any way I must have hit the cap key :rolleyes:

The 90-92 LS headlights use 9004 bulbs. The 93-94 LS uses 9003 bulbs. ( http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...placementGuide/ ) The two bulb types and their connectors are very different. 9003 bulbs are a little higher wattage than 9004 bulbs.

Aftermarket HID kits often don't work very well but work particularly poorly in a 90-94 LS due to the headlight's awful light pattern dictated by the headlight lens.

I think you would be better off buying aftermarket Eagle Eyes headlights on eBay like Python did. You could replace the connectors on your car with 9003 connectors so you could use the Eagle Eyes headlights.

Last I saw, Python was offering his HID kit for sale. Do a search for his "for sale" thead if you really want to go that way.

Good looking Bro,But to honest I just looked at a 1997 LS400 I might buy tomorrow and throw my 20's on it.I hope this year is a better car not that my 1992 model is bad but I do want the newer look :D

i still got em! pm me if needed, they are 5000k with the bright light option, i paid 250.00 for them about a year ago and they will improve ur lights considerably, they are for the 90-92 so they work for a 9004 bulb