Replaced Rear Air Shocks, Pump Keeps Running

grip

I searched for a along time, but could not find an answer.

I have been a lurker on this site, but this is the first problem I can't find an answer for.

I have a 1994 LS400. One of the rear air shocks had a leak, then finally blew out. I bought a pair of NON-air shocks and swapped them into the back. The front still has the air shocks.

The swap was simple but know the pump runs constantly. I assume because I just left the hoses to the old read shocks sitting there.

Question: What should I do with the old shock lines? plug them? Is there a fuse for just the Rear shocks?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a 94 LS400 with air shocks/struts also. If you replace the shocks with coil overs, you should replace all 4 and pull the fuse to the pump. An alternative to the coil overs is Arnott Inc rebuilt OEM struts, or they also have a new Bilstein air strut replacement. Both have a lifetime warranty and are very good quality.

The problem you have now with the rear lines hanging loose is the system is trying to pump up pressure in relationship to the height sensors. You can try to plug the two rear air lines, or possibly remove the height sensor rods on the rear and extend them all the way fooling the system into thinking they are pumped up.

Best of luck!

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_LEXUS...yid7_pid65.html

I searched for a along time, but could not find an answer.

I have been a lurker on this site, but this is the first problem I can't find an answer for.

I have a 1994 LS400. One of the rear air shocks had a leak, then finally blew out. I bought a pair of NON-air shocks and swapped them into the back. The front still has the air shocks.

The swap was simple but know the pump runs constantly. I assume because I just left the hoses to the old read shocks sitting there.

Question: What should I do with the old shock lines? plug them? Is there a fuse for just the Rear shocks?

Thanks in advance.