Lexus Es330 Driver Side Rear Window Wont Open

I recently bought a Lexus ES 330 and brought it home and found that my driver side rear window will not open. On the button that makes it go up it down it has a little light and it is blinking. All my other windows work fine, but for some reason this window is not responding. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

PROBLEM FIXED!!!! If anyone else is having this same problem try what I did

1. Sit in the seat

2. Open door that window is not working

3. Hold the window button down

4. Slam the door closed

5. BAM!! PROBLEM FIXED

• Like 1

It blinks if it's malfunctioning? That's sweet. Maybe I'm just impressed with the little things, because I also enjoy when you 'lock out' everyone else's window, the dim lights in each door's switches go out. Ahhh, Simplicity.

my passenger side gets stuck. no blinking lights....are you talking on the actual back seat button maybe a light. all i had to do was hit the door with the side of my fist while holding the down button. the motors get stuck it happens from being locked into the up position to tight. i was told to ever so slightly...you have to play with it...touch the button but do not enguage movement. you can hear the motor click and not see the window move. that is suppose to make the motors last longer and not get stuck

• 1 year later...

1. Sit in the seat

4. Slam the door closed

5. BAM!! PROBLEM FIXED

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

thanks so much i was panking didnt and couldnt by a new motor i slammed my door and held the button and the window rolled down i would suggest that rolling down the windows frequantly would definatly help.

• 1 year later...

1. Sit in the seat

4. Slam the door closed

5. BAM!! PROBLEM FIXED

Terrific!!! Thanks so much!!!!!

I did this and it worked like a charm. Had to slam the door twice, but double the labor in this case wasn't so bad.

Lexus guestimated $550 to fix it.....

daveindallas

The slamming procedure works to free it up, but the permanent fix is to shim the rear window runs. Part can be bought from the lexus dealer for a reasonable price. Cut one strip, per side into thirds and place at center and edges on top of widow run once it is pulled out from door frame. Then lift up flap in window run(where window hits it at the top) and place one whole strip under it along the center. Reinstall run and problem permanently fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Did the slam-the-door trick a couple of months ago to no avail. But I tried it today....cooler weather....and it worked. Both sides work fine now. Will pick up the shim from Lexus today. Thanks to everyone!

Good Stuff!

Update: Lexus informed me to use silicone spray (on finger tip) and spread into rubber window 'casing' to prevent sticking. They didn't have a shim fix or otherwise.

• Like 1