Exhaust Bracket

Unfortunately, I have this terrible mental condition whereby all things must be squared and aligned. On my '08 IS250, I have a driver side exhaust pipe that hangs .25-.50" lower than the passenger side pipe. The dealership said they tightened the bracket and said they're both now 1.5" from the top, but it still looks too low.

Is this easy to try myself? I'd like to raise the driver side pipe .25-.50". I'd like not to have to go back to the dealership again for this.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have this terrible mental condition whereby all things must be squared and aligned. On my '08 IS250, I have a driver side exhaust pipe that hangs .25-.50" lower than the passenger side pipe. The dealership said they tightened the bracket and said they're both now 1.5" from the top, but it still looks too low.

Is this easy to try myself? I'd like to raise the driver side pipe .25-.50". I'd like not to have to go back to the dealership again for this.

Thanks!

I feel for ya... I have a mild form of that affliction myself. It can make day to day life difficult at best in a world that is FAR from perfect or symmetrical.

Just a thought... have you tried to pull the high side down, rather than trying to cinch the low side upward?

Thanks!

I feel for ya... I have a mild form of that affliction myself. It can make day to day life difficult at best in a world that is FAR from perfect or symmetrical.

Just a thought... have you tried to pull the high side down, rather than trying to cinch the low side upward?

I'd certainly try that too... any suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you gone underneath the car and looked yourself yet? The hangers are pretty thick stainless rods that are welded to the pipe itself. Those fit into rubber hangers that attach to the car. You may have a hanger that slipped out, or one of them is stretched out too far for some reason, or torn. If not and it's just hanging like that, then I would try to bend one of the rods down to raise it, or bend it up to lower it, which ever you decide. Can you take a pic so I can see what you'r saying about the levelness of the pipes?