Passenger Side Window

wattssw

Hello, great forum guys. Lots of information here.

I have a 2004 RX330 that is wonderful. The front passenger side window, however rolls up funky. Whether rolled up from the passenger side or the driver side, if you tell the window to go auto-up it goes all the way up then goes back down ~3 inches and stops. The window can be rolled up but you have to time your release of the button.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you may need to "neutralize" the windows. It should show you how to "reset" them in the owners manual. This can happen after a battery is changed on the car.

Good Luck.

Hello, great forum guys. Lots of information here.

I have a 2004 RX330 that is wonderful. The front passenger side window, however rolls up funky. Whether rolled up from the passenger side or the driver side, if you tell the window to go auto-up it goes all the way up then goes back down ~3 inches and stops. The window can be rolled up but you have to time your release of the button.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Hate to but in but...dude

We have back window that really goes nuts so that we have to keep the windows on child lock. all the other windows seem to be fine (when unlocked). Do you think an un-neutralized system could effect just one window?

Regards, PK

Hate to but in but...dude

We have back window that really goes nuts so that we have to keep the windows on child lock. all the other windows seem to be fine (when unlocked). Do you think an un-neutralized system could effect just one window?

Regards, PK

PK- since it's in the manual and is easy to do and doesn't cost anything, I would certainly try it. Don't see how it could hurt. Isn't the modern world of electronics great? The downside is you never quite know when the dark side of that world is going to target YOU!

Your right, nothing to loose,just have to find my manual.

Electronic these days are a hoot. if you think about it, they don't really buy you much that your moms station wagon did. But moms station wagon could be fixed with$3.50 and a trip to radio shack

Regards, PK

Thanks for the response. The 2004 RX330 Owner's Manual, page 61, reads:

Jam protection function

During automatic raising operation, key off raising operation or raising operation using the ignition key from the outside, the window stops and is lowered if something gets caugh tbetween the window and window frame.

If the window receives a strong impact, this function may work even if nothing is caught.

Now.......It does not say how to disable or reset the Jam protection function - any thoughts? I have checked for a foreign object causing the jam protection to activate but can't find anything.....perhaps a strong impact is the cause? How would I reset this?