Is The V8 Worth The Extra Price

Hey fellas, I'm really close to trading in our 07 Mazda 3 GT for a 01-04 GS in the 60k mileage range. I'm curious though, for you city drivers out there "gas prices are not a concern". Is the 430 engine worth the extra coin? Does it make the car feel heavier in city driving? My route to and from the office is only about 10 miles, round trip. So there is no real need for us to keep the Mazda and it's payment. Plus, since I've inherited it from my wife, it's not really my type of car.

Does the i6 engine have a timing belt or chain?

Thanks all!

nevermind, i answered my own question today, and bought the 430 engine. 2001 GS430 with 57k miles! I liked the 6, but didn't like the specific car's condition. But when i put my foot in the 430's engine of another car, I loved it!

Just ran across this post NC, Congrats on the GS purchase :cheers: You will love the car, For sure. I was in the same predicament when I purchased my GS and I have to say I am happy with the l6 although there are times when I wish I had purchased a 400. Now you have to post pix PLEASE !!!

• Like 1

the V8 is schweet... although i still love my 2jz... it just needs some time at the gym.

yeah but least your gym membership is cheap.... to get our v8's pumped besides some cruddy SC its $$$$$

Thanks guys, I'm loving the V8 too. It's a rainy day here today, and on my way into the office, while at a stop light, I put my foot in it about half way. The rear end wiggled, the trac light came on, and I laughed so hard I nearly had to go home and change my pants. Ah, I've missed rear wheel drive! I've posted pictures of it in the general discussion section, titled "i'm back".

Thanks guys, I'm loving the V8 too. It's a rainy day here today, and on my way into the office, while at a stop light, I put my foot in it about half way. The rear end wiggled, the trac light came on, and I laughed so hard I nearly had to go home and change my pants. Ah, I've missed rear wheel drive! I've posted pictures of it in the general discussion section, titled "i'm back".

here...i'll be nice and link every1 to it

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=56296