Sc430 Or Mb Slr Mclaren?

wckrueger

$200,000 is way too low. BTW, when I was down in San Diego, CA I saw the Ferrari Enzo! At first I thought it was an NSX, but the holes in the hood, the air dam, and the red says Enzo. The back was traditional. I only got to hear it scream for a second as it turned right and blasted away.

What should I buy, a Saleen S7 or a Ford Focus...I just can't decide. Timex or Rolex? I loved my apartment until I saw that 17,000 square foot mansion.

I smell something a little rotten in denmark ;)

If he doesn't know what the SLR is then he should definately not be allowed to owen it :P . There is no copmarison- I love the SC430 and yes it's a great car but please- not even close. Maybe Bill did win the lotto or is your last name Gates :blink: ???

hahah wait till you see the new chrystler. you should get one of thoes instead next year. solid c/f body, v12 quad turbo, 850hp, 0-60 2.9, 1/4 under 11 sec. for 50k less than the SLK, that or buy both if you won the lotto :D

What's coming out from Chrysler, with a V12?

I know this is pretty much a dead issue at this point, but I'd rather have the 430 over the SLR. Actually, I'd rather have my 300 over the 430, I'd much rather have a 300 with $50,000 dollars in it, than a 430, or and SLR combined. Even if I had millions my garage would be filled with fun converted "normal guy" cars, just the way I am. I've never been much into the exotics or two seater cars. Most expensive car I would own is probably a new M3 or M5. Actually, there is one.. a Ferarri 550.. I've always thought those were pretty groovy.

New Chrysler ME412 ill take 2 please, in the magazine it shows the interior and the whole thing is c/f with chrome accents . very good lookin car.

Wow, this can't be competing with the Stang or the Vette. It's gotta be competing with the ENzo and Ford GT!

I agree with you guys. Ferraris, SLRs, they're like the perfect car, but having a self-made supercar is better.

Rich, I don't know about you, but the SC with mods, makes me feel like I've accomplished something, as a driver/mechanic. Although having one or winning one would make me change that feeling. ;)

Even if I had millions my garage would be filled with fun converted "normal guy" cars, just the way I am. I've never been much into the exotics or two seater cars. Most expensive car I would own is probably a new M3 or M5. Actually, there is one.. a Ferarri 550.. I've always thought those were pretty groovy.

... one of the best posts of all time IMHO!!

An M5 would be my choice any day of the week ... this is a fun topic .... :D Car and Driver LOVED the new Ford GT and for $150K it's a "steal" (that's how C&D described it).

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/home.asp?bhcp=1

Sadistic's comments reminded me of my Jeep ... I can go to the dealer and buy a Rubicon but where's the fun in that. I've installed 4.56 gears, cross drilled rotors, I have a Ford 8.8" rear end with disk brakes waiting to go in, I plan on installing Eaton electric lockers front and back, an Atlas transfer case, an NV4500 transmission, a Rubicon lift kit etc .... the list goes on but that's the point. It's the journey from A to B that makes it all worth while.

:)

Even if I had millions my garage would be filled with fun converted "normal guy" cars, just the way I am. I've never been much into the exotics or two seater cars. Most expensive car I would own is probably a new M3 or M5. Actually, there is one.. a Ferarri 550.. I've always thought those were pretty groovy.

... one of the best posts of all time IMHO!!

An M5 would be my choice any day of the week ... this is a fun topic .... :D Car and Driver LOVED the new Ford GT and for $150K it's a "steal" (that's how C&D described it).

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/home.asp?bhcp=1

Yup, saw Car and Driver TV this morning. I'm a little eagar to see the new Ford GT, and if someone lets me drive it, I'll be all over it.