Nav Upgrade 2006 Rx400h

We just purchase a RX400h and are very happy with it. Can anyone tell me the difference between the navigation v5 (installed in purchased 400h) and the new v8? Do i need to upgrade? :rolleyes:

I had the Version 5 that came with my 06 and updated to the version 7. I lost the cool feature where I could by pass the system so my passenger could use the nav while I was driving. I didnt gain a thing otherwise and was upset that the things I wanted to see added to the nav where not there. I have called all over trying to get a couple fetures added. I am no bible thumper but when I am away for the weekend it would be nice to be able to serch for churches. seems everything else is there from community center to marina.

My auto repair shop has been in business since 1956 and I am not even listed. Not sure who ya talk to in order to get things updated. I have talked with Lexus Corporate but they were not sure where to really send me.

Thanks for the replies. The information is very helpful. I don't think that we will be upgrading anytime soon. I don't want to loose the ability to override the Nav plus the price that Lexus is asking for the disk. :cheers:

We just purchase a RX400h and are very happy with it. Can anyone tell me the difference between the navigation v5 (installed in purchased 400h) and the new v8? Do i need to upgrade? :rolleyes:

I had the Version 5 that came with my 06 and updated to the version 7. I lost the cool feature where I could by pass the system so my passenger could use the nav while I was driving. I didnt gain a thing otherwise and was upset that the things I wanted to see added to the nav where not there. I have called all over trying to get a couple fetures added. I am no bible thumper but when I am away for the weekend it would be nice to be able to serch for churches. seems everything else is there from community center to marina.

My auto repair shop has been in business since 1956 and I am not even listed. Not sure who ya talk to in order to get things updated. I have talked with Lexus Corporate but they were not sure where to really send me.

Do you have the steps needed to allow a passenger to control the nav system while someone else is driving?

Thanks for the replies. The information is very helpful. I don't think that we will be upgrading anytime soon. I don't want to loose the ability to override the Nav plus the price that Lexus is asking for the disk. :cheers:

The nav disks show up on ebay regularly--some OEM and some bootleg.

Tom

Do you have the steps needed to allow a passenger to control the nav system while someone else is driving?

Yes, I do. That was one of the first things that I found on the web. My wife was very happy about that. It is a shame you have to redo it when you turn off car.

Thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies. The information is very helpful. I don't think that we will be upgrading anytime soon. I don't want to loose the ability to override the Nav plus the price that Lexus is asking for the disk.:cheers:

The nav disks show up on ebay regularly--some OEM and some bootleg.

Tom

Bad thing about the bootleg versions (besides being illegal) is you'll have no recourse if they don't work. After doing several copies of the 3 versions we have, I can tell you it's easy to do it wrong. The other issue is the DVD hardware version in your hybrid. Not all are the same. I believe you can (for example) get a version 4 hardware disk with version 6.1 mapping software. It can get down right complex.

Hi everyone I just bought an 06 RX 400h and joined the owners club :)

I have a question with regards to the navigation. Is it possible to upgrade to a newer generation or only do a map update? Also I wanted to ask if it is possible to connect an AUX power to the back of the radio unit so that I can play an Ipod and if not would it be possible to disconnect the tape player and instead connect an AUX to that?

Thanks.

Just as an FYI. I had the dealership upgrade my system to a 8.0 disk and the disclaimer is still there.

Hi everyone I just bought an 06 RX 400h and joined the owners club :)

I have a question with regards to the navigation. Is it possible to upgrade to a newer generation or only do a map update? Also I wanted to ask if it is possible to connect an AUX power to the back of the radio unit so that I can play an Ipod and if not would it be possible to disconnect the tape player and instead connect an AUX to that?

Thanks.

I didn't realize any model year Lexus hybrid marketed after 2006 had a tape player option. Does that include 8 track? :P I know, I know, some of you kids don't even know what that is. I'm gona go feel old now.