$180 To Replace Driver Side Fog Lamp

Took my car to service last week for some issues as well as why my driver side fog lamp was not working. I already knew what the problem was and wanted to see what the dealer would say. Well after a week later and no follow-up call( I had to call the dealership me self on the status of my car), they will not cover the damage done. The fog lamp was no longer working and the harness got burned up. I put Aftermarket yellow bulbs 4000k which could of been the issue. Well, the dealer, Lexus Of Queens wants $180 Parts & labor to replace the bulb and harness. $42 for one fog lamp bulb and $18 for the harness itself. The rest of the charge is labor WHOA.. Well I can happily do the repair myself. But what really bugs me is that I had my car in at 2 other dealers about this issue and they both told me they could not find any issues and they claim they even checked the harness which was fine! Just to show out there that some techs dont really check the issue and make up a good story or just simply do not want to do certian types of work on a car.

I think that $180 is a little high to cut 2 wires, solder wires and replace one bulb.

So you messed it up and expected the dealer to take care of it? Sounds to me like the two shops that didn't find a problem are the ones that are wrong. If you put higher than normal wattage bulbs, chances are something is damaged.

I put same wattage bulb as stock, just different color. I am not looking for a free ride but this just shows how some dealers do very poor inspections & estimates & how other perform inspections & estimates the correct way. I know there was damage and it doesnt take someone to know cars to see if something is not right. It just bothers me how I was told by 2 dealers the bulb and harness was perfectly fine with no issues found when you can clearly see a problem upon a close inpection.