Valve Spring Replacement?

Over the last few months my 07 IS250 AWD would have a flutter in the engine when i pulled up to a stop light/stop sign. The tach would drop below 500 rpm and you could feel the car shake. I never had a true pattern when it happened, ie when the engine was cold or getting off the Interstate. I have always put premium (93 Octane) in it since the first day. I currently have 32,000 miles. I took my car in yesterday to have it looked at and they seem to think it may need the Valve Springs replaced. Although the mechanics could not duplicate the problem the adviser said that this was a known problem on the 06 IS250's. Has anyone had this problem on the 07? I am concerned about replacing the valve springs on a whim that it "may" fix the problem. Any thoughts?????

• 1 year later...

Over the last few months my 07 IS250 AWD would have a flutter in the engine when i pulled up to a stop light/stop sign. The tach would drop below 500 rpm and you could feel the car shake. I never had a true pattern when it happened, ie when the engine was cold or getting off the Interstate. I have always put premium (93 Octane) in it since the first day. I currently have 32,000 miles. I took my car in yesterday to have it looked at and they seem to think it may need the Valve Springs replaced. Although the mechanics could not duplicate the problem the adviser said that this was a known problem on the 06 IS250's. Has anyone had this problem on the 07? I am concerned about replacing the valve springs on a whim that it "may" fix the problem. Any thoughts?????

*************************************************************************************************

There is an announced recall to replace the valve springs on second generation IS's up to 2008 as of July 2010. Look into this. Otherwise, the springs may break and you are in for a major mechanical problem.