Transmission Jerking

Hi I have a 1999 Lexus GS400 with 110,000 miles on it and my transmission recently started jerking while switching from first gear to the second gear. But this does not happen all the time after driving the car for about 10 minuets the transmission starts to switch perfectly. First I thought its because I am not warming up the car enough but I do warm up my car for about 10 minutes but it still jerks from first gear to the second gear but after 10 minuets of driving it doesn't give me any problems. I also checked the transmission fluid but that also looks good so what could be the problem? Is my transmission going bad?

Are you using Toyota ATF+4 fluid... if not you need to... other than that it could be a failing solenoid or a bad transmission mount... hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Well.. I think that the 1st to 2nd shift is controlled by the valve body not a solenoid. If I am wrong someone correct me. I am basing this on the 5 speed transmission that they are putting in the Tundra starting with 05. It has a sliding mechinism that might be sticking.

Use a product that is intended to "flush" the trans like an AutoRX product then like djspawn stated make sure you use the correct fluid. I think that Mobil 1 has fluid that is trated for the Type IV fluid...

Good luck let us know what you find.

I am going through this with my Tundra 00 now. I am just now using the AutoRX product.. I am 200 miles into my 1k miles..

BP