Presidential? Obama

nc211

Actually I hate being politically correct, sensitive to people and there feeling yes. But if it is a spade, I call it a spade. People need to have manners in the environment they are located. But if You are doing something stupid, I will not say that is not proper, I will say that is stupid.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he would...and did...agree that the comment was stupid.

Your statement makes no sense. In one breath you're saying you hate being politically correct....and then you say you just try being politically correct.

Thats what being politically correct is...being overly sensitive of the feelings of groups of people.

The definition of political correctness:

Also, PC or p.c. Showing an effort to make broad social and political changes to redress injustices caused by prejudice. It often involves changing or avoiding language that might offend anyone, especially with respect to gender, race, or ethnic background. For example, Editors of major papers have sent out numerous directives concerning politically correct language. This expression was born in the late 1900s, and excesses in trying to conform to its philosophy gave rise to humorous parodies.

I didnt express my self well, but I was raised with manners (not politically correct) Respect is what I have founded my life on. However if you try to bull$%##$$# on how concerned you are, I call that the Politically correct meaning. Tell the truth, whether it be acceptable or not if what I believe. Too many today dont want to hear the truth. Respect is something you earn through your actions, not some idiot trying to show he is politically correct and than the next moment doing the oposite. We are too concerned about hurting someone's feeling, when the truth needs to be told. Hence the dumbing down of our society.

Just needs to be more wary of his tongue as President (IMHO)

One gaffe? Actually I think he's remarkably controlled of his tongue for being in front of the camera as much as he is...

People get too uppity about language in this country, it is simply criminal that a minor slip of the tongue like that got as much press as it did with the serious issues facing this country right now.

Hey SW I never said there were more gaffes! :D

People are wayy to quick to be offended too. You shouldn't give people the power to offend you.

I didnt express my self well, but I was raised with manners (not politically correct) Respect is what I have founded my life on. However if you try to bull$%##$$# on how concerned you are, I call that the Politically correct meaning. Tell the truth, whether it be acceptable or not if what I believe. Too many today dont want to hear the truth. Respect is something you earn through your actions, not some idiot trying to show he is politically correct and than the next moment doing the oposite. We are too concerned about hurting someone's feeling, when the truth needs to be told. Hence the dumbing down of our society.

I agree 110%...

+1 :D

• 3 weeks later...

Remember my comment about running the "corner office" from the "oval office" was a bad idea, and could backfire? Well, here is a sign that it's beginning to do just that. This is a few snippets from an article I read today about a couple banks fighting to actually RETURN their TARP bailout money to the government. Mr. Obama's lack of experience is beginning to show cracks in his armor a bit. If he's not careful, he's going to tick off the kind of folks that make a one termer, two.

The bank allowed to return funds, Shore Bancshares of Easton, Md. will repay its $25 million taxpayer loan Thursday, bank CEO Moorhead Vermilye told CNSNews.com. Shore wanted to return the money because it felt persecuted by Congress and the administration, said Vermilye.

“Number two, they [Treasury] changed the rules after the game had started and made the rules retroactive,” said Vernilye. “The basic feeling was that Congress might change these rules anytime they felt like changing them.”

TCF Financial, based in Wayzata, Minn., also thinks that Congress has changed the rules and would like to return taxpayers’ money as soon as possible. However, according to TCF spokesman Jason Korstange, the Treasury Department has not approved the return yet, nor have they told TCF why they are taking so long.

“They came to all the banks,” said Korstange. “They did come to us and suggested that it would be a good idea, that if you didn’t take it you would be looked on as a bank that couldn’t get it, that you were too bad to get it.

“It made sense to do it at that time. We thought we were being good citizens. We didn’t need the money,” Korstange added.

Korstange said that when the government decided it could tell banks how to do business, it had gone too far.

“Because of that perception, and the general acceptance of it, now the Congress in its wisdom has decided how to run banks, and given us a whole list of things that you can and cannot do if you’ve got the TARP money,” he said.

“The rule was that they would have 30 days, and it’s now 45 days. We got to the 30 days, and we were asking, ‘Hey, we want to pay it back,’ and they just said they needed more time. They don’t even abide by their own rules,” said Korstange.

• 1 month later...

Its when you rush a woman. You Russher. Later in the 1980's it was couned "Russia" by the rap group "Optimous rhyme" in there solo hit "Going To Fast". It wasnt added to the dictionary untill recently however.

Either that or its that big waste of space that it a demonstration of how the kind of govornment that obama wants to try to put together doesn't work....

Now PETA is complaining....lol no joke they really are.

They are sending him a tool where he can trap a bug and release it outside so he doesn't have to continue "slaughtering" (their word) flies, and they want a formal apology.

• 1 month later...