I'm Going Crazy! My Poor Car

flop170

well on friday the 13th i lost control on a wet road shifting into 2nd and went off the road into a parking lot and hit one of those concrete stop things in front of parking spots and jumped it and landed in a grassy mud pit.... bent the crap out of all 4 wheels and the force of the wheels going up bent my fenders and cracked the paint and did a number on the suspension/steering or something... maybe bent frame... i don't know.... my insurance company took it to this shop and im waiting to hear word from them.... and it's driving me crazy!!!!! im scared the frame is gonna be bent and they're gonna total it...... :( somebody cheer me up!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if they total it i can buy another one for a lot less than what i owe on this one... but i love my car and i don't think i'll be able to find another one like it for a long time... so i don't know...

Hey Flop sorry to hear about your baby. No one got hurt I assume? I know how you feel though, I remember when my sister had the accident in my GS, man I loved that car. I was praying that they would try and fix it, but it turns out that they totalled it out. I wasn't sure I'd find another car that I'd bond with the same way. But I was lucky to find my LS and I'm in love with it. Best of all I don't owe anything on it, so it was probably a blessing in disguise. Good luck man :)

Ray

Geeez.. I went away to see the races at Sebring and when I got back I saw this. Man Flop I'm so sorry to hear about your car, I'm glad to hear that your ok thats the most important part.

The car, if it's totaled, you will find another one I'm sure. You'll make it better and faster (Sounds like the Six Million Dollar Man).

Wish you the best Flop.

finally heard something.... looks like its getting new front struts, front right lower control arm and ball joint assembly.... and if that fixes the alignment issues then it goes in for the fenders and paint.... they are saying maybe mid next week... so it looks like i'm still gonna have my baby... i just hope it feels like the same car and not "weird"....

Well, that doesn't sound all that bad then. Just a new control arm and ball joint in the front? And that front bumper needs to be replaced too right? You'll never know it ever happened. :)

Wow flop170, this last Friday the 13th must have been "Wreck your Lexus" day. I slid in my 03 ES and ran into a tree, it took them a few days and my insurance company finally got me a cost of the repair, over $7000! They sent me a report on what would be replaced and it was the size of a novel! They are fixing it now but I won't get it back until April 10th.

Anyway, I hope they do a good job on your IS and when you get it back you won't even know anything happened.

Well, that doesn't sound all that bad then. Just a new control arm and ball joint in the front? And that front bumper needs to be replaced too right? You'll never know it ever happened. :)

we'll see man we'll see....

Wow flop170, this last Friday the 13th must have been "Wreck your Lexus" day. I slid in my 03 ES and ran into a tree, it took them a few days and my insurance company finally got me a cost of the repair, over $7000! They sent me a report on what would be replaced and it was the size of a novel! They are fixing it now but I won't get it back until April 10th.

Anyway, I hope they do a good job on your IS and when you get it back you won't even know anything happened.

that's it! im not driving on friday the 13th ever again lol....

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome, I'm excited to see the pics.

Wednesday I talked to the shop that's working on my ES, they said it might be done Friday. A front end piece (they didn't say what specifically) came in a week late and they were prepping it for paint and they still needed to install the coolant system. Once I get it back I'll have to take some pics of mine, I'll have to borrow my sisters Nikon D40 to get some good quality.