#@!#$#%$@ Bolt For Power Steering Pump...asap

Kanos

im down to the last bolt...the last !@#$%^& bolt. Does anyone have any tips to get that !Removed! of a bolt that is underneath the power steering pump off? I honeslty cannot get it and now the threads are rounding off.

Why is it right there???

I have another question, my dad is questioning whether my pump is leaking and that it isnt a hose that is leaking. The power steering pump pully is not wet with PS fluid at all, and my dad said the bearing is what goes out which causes the seal to go out and if that is the case there should be oil on the pulley. What are the signs that it is the pump that is leaking and not the hose? Also, im questioning whether this is the original power steering pump is there a way to tell?

I know i have alot of questions but its the first time doing this...harder than i expected.

I have replaced the power steering pump on my 94 LS400 three times. The original went out and then the replacements were short lived. There is a bolt on the very bottom that you access from under the car with the belly pan off. There is also a hidden bolt. If you are facing the pump from the front of the car, it is on the right side of the pump and buried. You will need to remove the pump pulley and use an extension to get to it. Very difficult to see the first time. Look at the new replacement pump to get a feel for where it is located.

Also, make sure you use Dextron and not std power steering fluid in the system.

Best of luck!

I have removed and installed two pumps. Because of all the fluid that can be spilled during removal and installation, I opted to also unbolt the alternator prior to working on the pump. The alternator is very simple to remove, only a nut and bolt and a few wires to unplug. This gives great access to the pump and you don't have to worry about flooding it with PS fluid in the event of a spill. To me the hardest part to remove was the high pressure fitting, it just would not budge and there was no room for a large wrench. So I ended up rotating the pump so I could get a straight shot at it from above and while holding the pump in one hand used an impact wrench to loosen the bolt. Perfect. Get a new banjo washer for the fitting, about $5 at the dealer. Remove and plug the IAC valve port and vaccumm fittings and clean the screen in the solenoid, flush and bleed the system. Good to go. Found new non OEM pump on ebay for $200. We'll see how it holds up.

im down to the last bolt...the last !@#$%^& bolt. Does anyone have any tips to get that !Removed! of a bolt that is underneath the power steering pump off? I honeslty cannot get it and now the threads are rounding off.

Why is it right there???

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/steering/pspumpremoval.html

paste this link into your browser, everything is right there. A goog way to tell if the pump is bad is if your car makes the high pitch whine when it's running and there is still fluid in the reservoir.

In regards to the bolt like other have said, you must have the pulley off, this is usually the last bolt I take off.

If you have bad lines then you are probably loosing fluid, what happens when you checked your fluid levels, were you loosing fluid before this all started?? Or was the steering just difficult.

Look for a very shiny, glossy alternator just below the ps pump. This is tell tale sign of a leaking pump, banjo fitting at the pressure line or reservoir bushing...