Changing Brakes In 2006 Is250

Anyone have any detailed information about changing out the brakes in my 2006 IS250? He bought the ceramic pads to hopefully take care of all the brake dust on the front wheels! :rolleyes: Any details to help him along would be appreciated! Thank you!

Is it too late for him to return the parts? The dealer will do it for free.

Unfortunately I have an IS 250 - it looks as if they are doing this for the 350. He could return the pads though without a problem - I think they were about $70. Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate the input.

Unfortunately I have an IS 250 - it looks as if they are doing this for the 350. He could return the pads though without a problem - I think they were about $70. Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate the input.

I have an '07 250AWD--there's another TSIB somewhere covering the 250; I must have just attached the wrong one. It was covered. Yours should be too.

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/198/TSIB...rake+Dust+Issue

Your 250 is totally covered for either the TSIB for Brake Dust or Squeaking. Just go to the dealer I chose the Squeak free pads myself - I could live with cleaning off the dust, but pulling up to a stop light and a loud squeak was embarassing...

I have an '07 250AWD--there's another TSIB somewhere covering the 250; I must have just attached the wrong one. It was covered. Yours should be too.

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/198/TSIB...rake+Dust+Issue

I can't thank you enough! I have a call into my service manager now. You are the BEST! :D

Your 250 is totally covered for either the TSIB for Brake Dust or Squeaking. Just go to the dealer I chose the Squeak free pads myself - I could live with cleaning off the dust, but pulling up to a stop light and a loud squeak was embarassing...

Hey there! Again, thanks for the information. My service manager just called and said the brake job on the front with the NEW & IMPROVED pads that don't create dust will run about $437. He said that this is covered under the TSIB IF the brake pads are less than halfway worn. I have 40K miles on my car as of today but I think when the had it in for the recent recall on my IS250, they said the pads on the front were pretty worn, THEREFORE I guess he is telling me it will cost me $437! :angry:

Hey there! Again, thanks for the information. My service manager just called and said the brake job on the front with the NEW & IMPROVED pads that don't create dust will run about $437. He said that this is covered under the TSIB IF the brake pads are less than halfway worn. I have 40K miles on my car as of today but I think when the had it in for the recent recall on my IS250, they said the pads on the front were pretty worn, THEREFORE I guess he is telling me it will cost me $437! :angry:

Toni,

If your husband is somewhat mechanically inclined, the pads for the front brakes are about $90.00. It's fairly easy to change the pads. Unless the rotors are scored, you wouldn't have to have them turned.

That's just my worthless opinion.

Absolutely NOTHING worthless there! Thank you so much - he is mechanically inclined and I am sure he will do fine. Initially I was looking for some "help" on changing the brakes but if you think it is typical then he can handle it! We have four cars and he has done them all a few times before and just finished my daughter's RAV4 so he will be fine! Thanks again for your help - thank you ALL!

Absolutely NOTHING worthless there! Thank you so much - he is mechanically inclined and I am sure he will do fine. Initially I was looking for some "help" on changing the brakes but if you think it is typical then he can handle it! We have four cars and he has done them all a few times before and just finished my daughter's RAV4 so he will be fine! Thanks again for your help - thank you ALL!

If he buys the pads at the Lexus dealer, be sure that he gets the latest ones that don't dust. The new ones on my wife's IS250 cut the dusting down by almost 100%. :D

Tell him to just watch the brake fluid level in the reservoir as he squeezes the pistons back into the caliper to make room for the new pads. :D

Wow! Thank you - seems like you know a lot about this subject! Done this before? :rolleyes: I will be sure to print this for him. Everyone has been very helpful and I sure do appreciate everyone's input. Thanks again!