Numerous ?s

Looking to pick up a '06 GS430...coming from a '98 Volvo S70 T5 (60 trim, 3**whp, stock block etc).

-Wondering who makes wheel adaptors, need to get something so I can run some 5x108s from my Volvo. Also what offset is ideal here, the wheels I have a +38? Will probably be stretching a 215/40 on a 18x7.5'' and slamming it.

-What're the whp limits of the stock bottom end and auto tranny and what're the weak points?

-As far as coilovers I'm looking at either the HKS Hypermax CLX or JIC Magic VIP -- any major differences between the two, what're the characteristics?

Finally, anywhere I should be looking beside Lextasy as far as parts? Any group buys coming up, companies I should avoid, etc? Thanks, sorry if these are redundant had I searched.

Jared

Also, these cars have any quirks I should be aware of, common problems?

That's a pretty open-ended question. I recommend you spend some time reading the posts on this board to get a feel for the issues other owners are encountering...

Also, these cars have any quirks I should be aware of, common problems?

That's a pretty open-ended question. I recommend you spend some time reading the posts on this board to get a feel for the issues other owners are encountering...

Not really, if it were my old car I would just say ABS sensor, certains mounts and the rubber coupler at the IAC/TB.

But ok, what about the other questions...

Anyone?!?

Hello Zulu!

I have roughly around 122,xxx miles (as of 3/26/2009).

Here is some information that might help you:

Hello!

I have around 119,000 miles on my 06 gs 300, rwd, matador red with black interior with: nav, heated/ventilated seats, rear sunshade, sunroof, sirius.

these are the problems i have encountered:

(1) around 100k miles -- a short in my car is causing the low beams and parking lights to switch off. the lights mentioned turn off and i have to keep switching the light swtich on & off to turn them back on. these forums shed some light on the problem i am having:

http://forums.theautomedia.com/local_links...67&catid=13

http://forums.theautomedia.com/showthread.php?t=1909

(2) around 80k miles, the rear sunshade refused to go up, the dealer told me there is a tsb (technical service bulletin) for it, but i'm beyond the mileage cap (4 yrs/50k miles). TSB INFO: BO006R-06 / MAY 07 / Body - Rear Power Sunshade Won't Open

(3) around 75k miles, the idle would go below 500 rpm and the car would almost die. i hadn't done a fuel injection or throttle body cleaning so that can be one major reason for that to happen. (hearing from people it might have to do with the idle control).

(4) around 65k miles, the battery died while the car was sitting inside the garage with the cd player on (about 55 degrees inside garage).

(5) have had issues with the front defroster not working properly since i bought the car in september 2005. in bay area weather (california) the defroster was having problems clearing up the front glass, i used all sorts of combinations, and now it seems to be working fine.

(6) even after lexus replaced the seat belts, they sometimes lock. both the driver and passenger. they had a tsb for it, however, i can't find the information for it. you can check with the lexus dealer on this and they can verify if its for your car.

(7) sometimes the left remote mirror "freezes" and i have to adjust the view using my finger, I have had this problem occur (of it not moving when the left remote mirror control for adjustment is pressed) many times between 80k-105k miles. the problem has gone away and no longer occurs.

(8) i have had my fuel injection / throttle body cleaning done at 121,000 miles, and my baby is purring. i used b/g products to do the cleaning thru the dealer.

($50 for parts, $150 for labor -- fremont california -- lexus).

(9) navigation screen contrast doesn't seem to work properly. at around 80k miles i realized the contrast was getting darker and darker, thus i no longer use the screen (screen off) unless i really have to use it. after initial bootup, the navi seems very dark and i have to wait several moments before it gets lighter. not sure if this is a problem due to initially "booting up" the system.

hope the information helps, please let me know if you need any more information!