Help! Transmission Problems..this Cant Be Good

94 lexus

I have been having lexus Ls 400 transmission (A341E) problems with my car since a month ago. I first started noticing transmission problems when I noticed smoke coming from under my car. I thought it was my catalytic converter but it wasnt. So I kept driving but not as much as usual. After that the drive (D) position started slipping. Then one day I put my car in reverse in then drive and the car wouldnt move. Could the (D) Drive gear be burnt out? What would cause my transmission to slip? What is wrong with the car if it wont go into drive but it will go into reverse? Should I clean my solenoids?

Thanks for the help!!

Marcus

You say LS400...

Is your car... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, or 00??? :lol:

Also.. what's your mileage?

The tranny's seem to be bulletproof too. . . IF fluid is maintained. Has it EVER been changed?

I heard a wise man once say .... " it is never too late to stop smoking ... AND ... it is never too late to do a transmission service on your car.

I do not know what it is ... but most people I know seem oblivious to this subject .... consequently, I have the feeling that most transmissions just never get the service they need in most cars .......

gotta do it ..... gotta do it .... !!!!

I think every car I have ever bought (all used) needed most every fluid serviced .... every single time, which included my LS400. The differential had been done about 30,000 before I got it .... and the trans had probably been done maybe 2 times in the cars lifetime .... I got it with 110,000 miles and it was ready for a service then .....

anyways .... yeah .... what does that fluid look like?????????? I hope you get back with us .... it would be interesting to know what all happens here with your car ....

good luck .... !!

You say LS400...

Is your car... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, or 00??? :lol:

Also.. what's your mileage?

The tranny's seem to be bulletproof too. . . IF fluid is maintained. Has it EVER been changed?

my car is a 95 ls400..180000 miles and since i had the car at 173000 i have changed the fluid once, only because there was a leak..im not with my car currently but i will be with my car in a couple days..but my car works in all the gears except drive, any ideas on what the problem could be?

wait wait wait.......

There is a LEAK in the tranny, and you're wondering what the problem is????

You sir may have just walked right into thousands of dollars of repairs.

New tranny only $1857.08

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...playCatalogid=0

Good luck.

I've never heard of an LS tranny leaking. These things are usually pretty tough right? What could have caused it to spring a leak? And why in the world would you drive around in a car that is leaking transfluid. I would be scared $h!tless that the thing would blow out or leave me stranded.