1997 Es300 Video Monitor Install Help Please!

jontsp

I would say it depends on the system. Certain ones let you run power to the cars ignition, others want you to hook it up to your reverse lights so the camera only kicks on when the car is in reverse.

Thanks for the response! But, its not to install a backup monitor, its to install a lcd monitor. I just cant figure out where to splice the 12V and the GROUND wire to? Do you have a wiring diagram or something for the 97 es300 or know by any chance which colors those two wires are?

Thanks!

No, you need a good buddy who knows how to use a test light. I usually do all of the wiring things up in my group but I haven't ripped far enough into the Lexus yet to have a clue.

Is it a head unit or just a separate monitor and where are you trying to install it at?

• 2 weeks later...
No, you need a good buddy who knows how to use a test light. I usually do all of the wiring things up in my group but I haven't ripped far enough into the Lexus yet to have a clue.

Is it a head unit or just a separate monitor and where are you trying to install it at?

Hi,

Its a separate monitor and it will sit on my dash on a stand