Red Ls400

billydpowell

LOL GROSS!!!!

Now THAT was a custom color. The LS never came in a bright red like that. There was however a dark red color, and some first gens had RED INTERIOR. I thought that was horrible enough! :lol:

actually guys that's a factory paintjob that's been kept up beautifully. normally red is a color that doesn't stand the test of time but this one seems to be in immaculate shape.

color is Burgundy Pearl (3H8)

you guys are thinking of the darker Dark Walnut Pearl (4K8)

actually guys that's a factory paintjob that's been kept up beautifully. normally red is a color that doesn't stand the test of time but this one seems to be in immaculate shape.

color is Burgundy Pearl (3H8)

you guys are thinking of the darker Dark Walnut Pearl (4K8)

I retract my previous statement, 3H8 was only available on 89-92 MY cars, and was only offered in 2tone. this must be an aftermarket job that uses a shade very similar to the factory paint of earlier cars.

I've only seen them in pictures, but I never liked any red LS400s or burgundy LS430s. Red just doesn't seem to suit the LS, imo. The two tone red first gen LS's with matching red interior is probably the worst color combo.

Sure have.. I own one. :)

The Burgundy Pearl (3H8) on my car is definitely darker than that. But it's still red! :)

That Burgundy you have looks great! It's much better than those dirty white Camry-esque colored ones. :D :D

I saw that car on ebay a little bit ago and called up the seller just to ask about the color. It belonged to an elderly gentelman who hated the factory pearl white. So when he got into a minor finder-binder, he desided to repaint the whole car. I thinks its kind of hard justify going from beautiful pearl white to UGLY red over paint matching a fender. Old people logic I guess LOL.

LOL GROSS!!!!

Now THAT was a custom color. The LS never came in a bright red like that. There was however a dark red color, and some first gens had RED INTERIOR. I thought that was horrible enough! :lol:

Hey! I resemble that remark! I have an early first gen in burgundy with the matching red interior. Even my kids comment "What the hell were they thinking?"

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

LOL GROSS!!!!

Hey! I resemble that remark! I have an early first gen in burgundy with the matching red interior. Even my kids comment "What the hell were they thinking?"

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

Could you share some pics of the interior? Is it an LS400 Type R?

Could you share some pics of the interior? Is it an LS400 Type R?

I don't know what a type R is, but it is a standard LS400, nothing particular about it besides the same ext/int color.

My daughter has the car up north so I can't give you any pictures to laugh at.

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

Red on Red is a great color combo.........................................For a blind man :lol::lol::lol:

here is a link to one in Calif

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1078562964.html

take a look

Looks like the LS400 Oldsmobile Edition.

I really don't think it's that much more offensive than the blue interiors Toyota was pushing out in the early 90's.

I hope that owner dont visit this site. ;) You can insult a mans wife, but never his car. :lol:

Mine had that exterior color, but the interior was more of a brown color.

Here are better shots of my old LS400.... these were taken in 2004. The car is probably smashed now. The lady I sold it to crashed it. I hated the color, but I loved the car... it had so many less problems than my current '91 model and it has about 40K less miles than the '90 did when I sold it.

IMG00008.jpg

IMG00028.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

IMG00039.jpg

Red on Red is a great color combo.........................................For a blind man :lol::lol::lol:

here is a link to one in Calif

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1078562964.html

take a look