Best Iphone/ipod Setup For Is250

HI guys,

New IS250 owner, 2007 black.

I just wanted to share with you guys my iphone set up (will work the same with ipod)

I bought the kensington liquidAUX. (link to apple store page here)

The power part fits perfectly in the armrest, and can still close and operate perfectly. the aux jack is right beside so there's no problems. So I just leave those plugged in and I have the dock end (part that goes into the phone) sticking out of the armrest, when closed. Yes it still closes perfectly, if you keep the cable to the corners of the latch for the armrest. I will post pics later.

Also, I bought a ground loop isolator off of ebay for about 5 bucks to get rid of the aux+power stereo whine.

The best thing about this product, and why I say this is the best set up, is that it comes with a wireless controller that fits on the steering wheel. This allows me to plug the iphone in when I get in, and then I just use the car controls for volume, and right below that is my controls for the iphone operation.

This really is the perfect solution. It's more expensive than other aux cable/power setups. but with the remote, and the power adaptor being the right size to fit the armrest. I really think this is incomprable.

again, will post pics later.

post-42851-1237431498.gif

Can ask you if you know about the Vaitech, Soundlinq, or other USB port interface kits for the Ipod? I only ask because then the buttons already on the steering wheel do everything without having to add more buttons. And the USB sounds way better than the aux. cable input. And if you get a phone call, it pauses the ipod while your on the phone, so when you hang up, it resumes the play back then so your not having to turn the stereo down to talk, and then back up when your done, and have missed all those songs while you were on the phone.

smooth are there any links avail for these kits you mention.

thanks,

s.

Vaitech

Ipod interface kit ( With this one though, you will lose the ability to add XFM or Sirrus, because it uses that input for the ipod. Whereas the Vaitech still allows for sat. radio.)

thanks, hmmm given that i dont have a navi (friggin thing was not even available with the configuration i wanted). and given that the kit that havoc627 is mentionning is 200-300$ cheaper. I think it makes sence for me to go with a less expensive kit (around 50$). it would be nice to have the radio dimming/pause feature, but 200-300$ is a lot of money. thanks for the info smooth much appreciated!

thanks, hmmm given that i dont have a navi (friggin thing was not even available with the configuration i wanted). and given that the kit that havoc627 is mentionning is 200-300$ cheaper. I think it makes sence for me to go with a less expensive kit (around 50$). it would be nice to have the radio dimming/pause feature, but 200-300$ is a lot of money. thanks for the info smooth much appreciated!

well if you have an iphone, it'll automaticaly dim the sound anyways, but ya the other kit would be much more convinient if it's an ipod.

• 4 weeks later...

well if you have an iphone, it'll automaticaly dim the sound anyways, but ya the other kit would be much more convinient if it's an ipod.

do you have to do the navi override for the ipod interface to show up on the screen while you are driving with the vais? I am interested but I wanna know if I need to do the override for it to work while driving, thanks in advance.