The Plan

I've got a 1993 Lexus GS300, nothing fancy done to it but plenty of work about to commence. I am mechanic savvy, capable of doing things by the book, and without the book when it requires!

So far the cars got a Polk 12" replacing the factory sub(running off the factory amp), pinstriping removed, a shiny new front bumper, HID bulbs, and a good wash. It's also in the process of getting shipped to Germany were I'm stationed.

Heres my plan for it :

Junkyard turbo kit.

W58 5 Speed Tranny Swap.

Lowering Springs

Some nice Wheels

(2)8" Subs for the front, (2)6.5" components for the back

in-dash touchscreen dvd/gps

headrest monitors

and a nice air freshener.

I'm currently looking into the turbo kit build which is what I'd like some help with, and ideas to bounce around.

I'll be going with an ebay exhaust manifold(not looking to push big numbers, maybe 350rwhp?), more than likely a T3/4 hybrid turbo, custom piping via the hardware store, and either a front mount or two smaller intercoolers and i'll just find a place to stick them.

Also for the computer, is there a piggyback or plug in that you guys recommend for this sort of build? I'd like to keep it away from the dyno shop considering those get pricey in Germany, but if that's what its going to take.

Another issue is the compression of the 2JZGE. 10.0:1 right?? I've only really worked with bikes so I'm not too sure on what king of psi I should be running on a stock 2JZGE. I heard that the 2JZGTTE was bulletproof, but what about it's N/A little brother?? 2JZGE good for even trying to do a turbo add-on, i've seen guys pushing 550+ whp on them on youtube and such but no idea what they have done to the internals.

------------

Next issue. Tranny swap.

Simple question, will the W58 and it's guts bolt right up to the 2JZGE?

Thanks!

Not yet! But I will have some up here the moment it gets to Germany, should be here by the end of the month or first week of next month!

Just imagine a stock clean 1st gen with the factory silver paint and windows tinted so dark you couldn't see a flash in em :D . Okay not that dark but still double limo :)

You're pretty set as far as block strength with the whp numbers you're considering. I'd go with a SSAC (ebay) manifold but have it rewelded and braced because they're known to crack all over the place. Pair it with a Garrett 60 trim, .63 backhousing and tune the fuel with a SAFCII and you'll be set. Go with a single large IC, something from say Greddy or Precision, don't cheap out on the IC...not gonna bother talking about the standards...3'' back, intake etc.

You're pretty set as far as block strength with the whp numbers you're considering. I'd go with a SSAC (ebay) manifold but have it rewelded and braced because they're known to crack all over the place. Pair it with a Garrett 60 trim, .63 backhousing and tune the fuel with a SAFCII and you'll be set. Go with a single large IC, something from say Greddy or Precision, don't cheap out on the IC...not gonna bother talking about the standards...3'' back, intake etc.

um wouldn't it b worth his time to buy a quality manifold too? I'd hate to buy one, have them re-weld it and strength it, the put it on and a leak to pop up someplace...

OP, I'm a big fan of ball bearing turbos....tad more costly but lower spool rpms and less lag is worth the extra $

um wouldn't it b worth his time to buy a quality manifold too? I'd hate to buy one, have them re-weld it and strength it, the put it on and a leak to pop up someplace...

OP, I'm a big fan of ball bearing turbos....tad more costly but lower spool rpms and less lag is worth the extra $

As far as the manifold goes theres a cast iron manifold sold on ebay that looks pretty sturdy, considering it's stamped I figure it will hold up to the boost I'm looking to push without any problems.

The turbo is what I'm having a bit of trouble finding. The cast manifold I want sells for $170 and it's set up for a T4 turbo. Here is the link :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

(Or ebay search Toyota Supra MK4 2JZ GTE 2JZGTE Cast T4 Turbo Manifold )

.63 backhousing? I'm not really savvy with turbo talk, do you guys think you could recommend one for me with a link(s)?

I'll go with a FMIC intercooler.

Would love to see some pics of that supercharger build!!! :D

As far as the manifold goes theres a cast iron manifold sold on ebay that looks pretty sturdy, considering it's stamped I figure it will hold up to the boost I'm looking to push without any problems.

The turbo is what I'm having a bit of trouble finding. The cast manifold I want sells for $170 and it's set up for a T4 turbo. Here is the link :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

(Or ebay search Toyota Supra MK4 2JZ GTE 2JZGTE Cast T4 Turbo Manifold )

.63 backhousing? I'm not really savvy with turbo talk, do you guys think you could recommend one for me with a link(s)?

I'll go with a FMIC intercooler.

Would love to see some pics of that supercharger build!!! :D

are you doing the install yourself? Why not just do a turbo kit like SRT, Turbonetics, or HKS? If you don't know what your doing, your probably going to end up spending alot more money and time and hassles.

are you doing the install yourself? Why not just do a turbo kit like SRT, Turbonetics, or HKS? If you don't know what your doing, your probably going to end up spending alot more money and time and hassles.

i agree with smooth...i would just look into a SRT bolt on kit....

http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/default.aspx

im not a fan of something important like a turbo kit and piecing it together with some ebay stuff....even though im a addiment ebayer, the important stuff like a turbo, fuel management, intake,exhaust i try not to cheap out on u know what i mean? good luck and keep us posted....

oh and im not saying nething wrong with piecing together a turbo kit.... but IMHO i would pass on that manifold...try full race

http://www.full-race.com/

or someone.... SRT does make manifold btw not just kits